Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can't open project in 2020.1 (Win10)

Can't open project in 2020.1 (Win10) 1 week, 1 day ago #223035

I was editing a project in v.14.5 and decided to upgrade to v.2020.1. Before doing so, I created a backup of my project. Now, when I open Lightworks, I find the project displayed but I cannot find a way to open it. Double clicking on the project gives me a blank screen with my project name at the top along with "Room #1." Clicking on my project name displays the attached full-page screenshot. I've also included a closeup of the menu.

Navigating around the menu and its tabs, I can find no link that opens my project. What do I do to recover it?
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 1 week, 1 day ago by rgrand@att.net. Reason: #1 Attachment was a duplicate of #2

Re: Can't open project in 2020.1 (Win10) 1 week, 1 day ago #223037

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
Welcome to the forum:

You already have your project open, but in a flexible layout. The actual menu of the flexible layout to display your project content is on the very left. In your case it is configured so that it is only visible when you move the mouse to this left edge where a narrow dark bar is visible:

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

If you prefer the fixed layout (you probably used it before), leave the project and set the fixed layout in the upper right corner (gears): This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Information about the two layouts can be found there: www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=26&id=142324&Itemid=81
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2020.1; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)
Last Edit: 1 week, 1 day ago by schrauber.

Re: Can't open project in 2020.1 (Win10) 1 week, 1 day ago #223041

Thanks! That did the trick. I just wish the manual was more explicit about these things.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds
Scroll To Top