Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lightwork crashes and wont start anymore

Re: Lightwork crashes and wont start anymore 1 month, 1 week ago #213484

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
kylehor wrote:
Attached is my laptop's memory. Not sure if this is the right info. It says 3.9GB available memory.

Please switch to "GPU 0" in the graphical view of the task manager. There you can see how much memory your GPU uses and how much shared memory the GPU can use.
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2020.1 & 14.5; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)

Re: Lightwork crashes and wont start anymore 1 month, 1 week ago #213485

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
You can rename the entire folder "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks\" for testing purposes. Then run Lightworks.

Normally Lightworks should automatically create a new clean Lightworks folder without projects.
If this works without crashing, then we can test what is causing the problem in the renamed original folder.
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)

Re: Lightwork crashes and wont start anymore 1 month, 1 week ago #213499

• kylehor
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
schrauber wrote:
kylehor wrote:
Attached is my laptop's memory. Not sure if this is the right info. It says 3.9GB available memory.

Please switch to "GPU 0" in the graphical view of the task manager. There you can see how much memory your GPU uses and how much shared memory the GPU can use.

GPU view looks good
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Lightwork crashes and wont start anymore 1 month, 1 week ago #213500

• kylehor
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
schrauber wrote:
You can rename the entire folder "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks\" for testing purposes. Then run Lightworks.

Normally Lightworks should automatically create a new clean Lightworks folder without projects.
If this works without crashing, then we can test what is causing the problem in the renamed original folder.

Renamed Lightworks folder and Lightworks still hang with similar symptoms. This time, I managed to screenshot the hanged screen before my other apps go haywire and the screen went blank after that.

Would you recommend that I reinstall Lightworks. Could it be that it got corrupted on my laptop?
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Lightwork crashes and wont start anymore 1 month, 1 week ago #213503

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
A corrupted installation is very uncommon, but thinkable - try re-installing.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Lightwork crashes and wont start anymore 1 month, 1 week ago #213509

• kylehor
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Tried uninstalling and reinstall. The symptoms remain the same as you anticipated. It just would not complete the initialization

Re: Lightwork crashes and wont start anymore 1 month, 1 week ago #213511

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
kylehor wrote:
.. The first time it occurred, I was editing my footage halfway. Took a break and suddenly Lightworks disappear from my screen. When I tried to run it again, it says Lightworks process is still running and I cannot run another one. But I could not see any Lightworks process in the Task Manager and hence rebooted my laptop..

Was there a Windows update in the background at this time, which is perhaps incomplete due to this crash / restart?
Do you see relevant messages about system problems, update status, denied file access etc. when you click on this icon ?:
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Lightwork crashes and wont start anymore 1 month, 1 week ago #213512

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
kylehor wrote:
Tried uninstalling and reinstall. The symptoms remain the same

That means that something is wrong with your computer. Hard to say what without any logs, a recent software or hardware update maybe, some newly installed software, changed setting of antivirus software?

If you run any anti virus software, including Microsoft's Defender Controlled folder Access, disable all temporarily and try again.

If that doesn't help, as last resort, download and install the most recent Lightworks 2020 beta build. Also in this case, make sure that all your antivirus/security software is disabled, prior to installing and starting Lightworks.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 month, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: Lightwork crashes and wont start anymore 1 month, 1 week ago #213514

• kylehor
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Good suggestion but don't see any notification. Last Windows update was on 14-Feb-2020.

There were no hardware or software installations or updates. At least, not in the last 1 week/
Last Edit: 1 month, 1 week ago by kylehor.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds
Scroll To Top