Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lightworks isn't in my Apps list (Windows 10); also can only login on M-Edge, not chrome

Lightworks isn't in my Apps list (Windows 10); also can only login on M-Edge, not chrome 1 month ago #209821

• JoeStrike
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Just installed Lightworks & created an account a few minutes ago via Microsoft Edge browser because Chrome (my default browser) wouldn't recognize it.

Now I can only sign in on Microsoft Edge; I get the following message on Chrome:

Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet.

Also, Lightworks isn't showing up in my Apps list, but I can find it via the Windows search box (screen lower left) - and even though I already installed it it's asking me once again to install the app

Re: Lightworks isn't in my Apps list (Windows 10); also can only login on M-Edge, not chrome 1 month ago #209827

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
JoeStrike wrote:
even though I already installed it it's asking me once again to install the app

Could you post a screenshot of this message please?

There are two versions of Lightworks downloadable currently, V14.5 and 2020 beta. Which one are you using?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Lightworks isn't in my Apps list (Windows 10); also can only login on M-Edge, not chrome 4 weeks ago #210007

• JoeStrike
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 weeks ago
Sorry it took me a couple of days to get back to you.

I'm using version 2020.1 Beta

I've attached a screenshot of that message screen and one showing the Application in the middle of Lightworks Program file - the only way I can find it & open it up. (It's not in the list of apps when I click on the Windows logo in the lower left corner of the screen.)

As I said before I can't sign in on Chrome, only on Edge.

Just noticed in the Lightworks program file: the Installer folder is empty!

Thanx much for helping out here.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 4 weeks ago by JoeStrike. Reason: Added "Installer folder is empty"

Re: Lightworks isn't in my Apps list (Windows 10); also can only login on M-Edge, not chrome 4 weeks ago #210008

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 weeks ago
I assume Lightworks starts properly when invoked from the Programs\Lightworks folder?

Are you new to Windows 10 and Google Chrome?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Lightworks isn't in my Apps list (Windows 10); also can only login on M-Edge, not chrome 4 weeks ago #210009

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 4 weeks ago
First, if you've attempted to install a beta test version you could have encountered an error with the software. That version isn't designed to be a stable release, version 14.5 is. However in this case it appears that the problem is most likely to be a security issue. The fact that you can't log on with Chrome, and that the Lightworks folder is empty after your attempt at installation strongly suggests that.

First, your log in problem is almost certainly due to a mis-typed password. To fix this, log in using Edge and change your password. Do NOT use the same password as you use to log in to Windows. Copy that new password to a temporary text file in Notepad (not Word or any other word processor). Now log in using Chrome, and when prompted copy your new password from Notepad and paste it into the password window. That should resolve that issue.

Now for the missing program: I suggest that what you should do now is download a fresh copy of the version 14.5 October 1918 release from the Downloads on this website. It won't matter what browser you use to do that. Install the program to the C:\Program Files\Lightworks folder if you have a 64 bit version, or the C:\Program Files (x86)\Lightworks folder if you have the 32 bit version.

When the installation process has finished, for your peace of mind check that the folder that you've chosen to install to has actually got something in it. Assuming that it has, launch Lightworks, and when prompted log in from Lightworks to enter your details. You should not need Chrome or Edge to do that part of the process at all. Again, use the cut and paste technique to ensure that your user name and password details are correct.

Finally, make a note of the new password and store it somewhere safe, then delete you temporary text file you used to hold it during installation. If any of that fails, come back here and we'll see what else can be done. In fact even if you have complete success, please let us know.
Last Edit: 4 weeks ago by jwrl.

Re: Lightworks isn't in my Apps list (Windows 10); also can only login on M-Edge, not chrome 4 weeks ago #210010

• JoeStrike
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 weeks ago
Yes.
No and no.

Re: Lightworks isn't in my Apps list (Windows 10); also can only login on M-Edge, not chrome 4 weeks ago #210011

• JoeStrike
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 weeks ago
Replying to JWRL/Moderator:

Okay, followed your directions: changed my password & downloaded 14.5

-I can now sign into Lightworks via Chrome;
-Lightworks is now in my Apps list that comes up when I click the Windows logo in the lower left;
-However, no prompt appears to enter my deails; instead, the Local Projects screen comes directly up (see attached jpg); is this a problem?

-JS
Attachments:
Last Edit: 4 weeks ago by JoeStrike.

Lightworks isn't in my Apps list (Windows 10); also can only login on M-Edge, not chrome 4 weeks ago #210012

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 4 weeks ago
Ah, OK. Apparently you have a trial period as a free user before you actually have to sign up. You will be prompted when you need to do it.

(It's too long since I've had to do this - sorry.)
Last Edit: 4 weeks ago by jwrl.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds
Scroll To Top