Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lightworks won't start

Lightworks won't start 2 months ago #205888

• BrunoBorlon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months ago
Hi,
Thank you in advance for your time and help. I've just bought a new computer and installed the latest 14.5 lightworks release on it.
Installation worked great but somehow when I start lightworks it goes up to showing "Installing media folder.." before crashing. lightworks just closes itself.

I've tried multiple downloads and installations.

My computer is a brad new Dell Inspiron 5593, Intel Core i7-1065G7, 16.0 GB of RAM, 64-bit operating system with windows 10 home.

Could you please help me resolve this issue?
Many thanks

Re: Lightworks won't start 2 months ago #205890

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months ago
Hello,

Could you zip and post the entire content of the "Logs" folder, please? On Windows located on
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks\Logs
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 months ago by hugly.

Re: Lightworks won't start 2 months ago #205892

• BrunoBorlon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months ago
Yes, here it is, many thanks!
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Lightworks won't start 2 months ago #205893

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months ago
Unfortunately, the logs don't show any cause explicitly. Lightworks hangs in an early state of the startup process more or less at random positions. Something like this could indicate trouble with hardware or drivers.

Please, unplug all removable external devices, restart your computer, don't start any other application and try again.

Re: Lightworks won't start 2 months ago #205923

• BrunoBorlon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months ago
Hi,
Thank you for your answer.
So I uninstalled lwks, restarted the pc, reinstalled it, restarted the pc and finally tried to launch it. It crashed again at the "Initializing media folders.." step.
As suggested, I did all this without launching any other program.

Re: Lightworks won't start 2 months ago #205925

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months ago
That's not good.

On such an error reinstalling doesn't help, but disconnecting all external devices is mandatory. As mentioned, I suspect some faulty hardware or drivers.

Make a guess, what could that be on your system?

Re: Lightworks won't start 2 months ago #205927

• BrunoBorlon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months ago
Hi,
Thanks for your quick reply.
I have no external device, not even a mouse. The computer is brand new (3 days old actually) and seems to work fine with all the other programs. I did have the error showed on the picture as some stage but only once and I don't know whether there is a link or not.

Your help is much appreciated.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Lightworks won't start 2 months ago #205929

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months ago
Unfortunately, I don't know this specific message and can't say if it has anything to do with your problem.

Recently another member encountered crashes out of a sudden and reported that they could fix it by updating Windows.

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=14&id=205476&limit=15&limitstart=15&Itemid=81#205868

Maybe worth a try?

Re: Lightworks won't start 2 months ago #205942

• BrunoBorlon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months ago
So I found a new Windows update that I could do and installed it. Now Windows tells me that it is up to date. I did the whole uninstall, restart, install, restart and launch… and it crashed.

Any other Ideas?
Thanks a lot.

Re: Lightworks won't start 2 months ago #205947

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months ago
Difficult..

Do the logs created after the update show something meaningful, or do they still terminate at random positions without any error message? Force a crash, inspect the file error.log and repeat a few times to find out.

Re: Lightworks won't start 2 months ago #205950

• BrunoBorlon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months ago
Hi,
I recreated a few different crashes and compared them in one file here attached. For what I can see, it is random but I failed knowledge to completely understand it.

Re: Lightworks won't start 2 months ago #205951

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months ago
Hi,

Unfortunately, the attachment is missing. If you've tried to attach a file with the ending '.log', please rename to '.txt' or zip it and try again.
Last Edit: 2 months ago by hugly.

Re: Lightworks won't start 2 months ago #205995

• BrunoBorlon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months ago
ok it was an Excel file so it wasn't allowed on this forum.
What about now?
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Lightworks won't start 2 months ago #205996

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months ago
That looks as if nothing has changed.

What you can try: Disable temporarily any kind of virus scanner and security software, in particular 'WIndows Defender Controlled Folder Access' , do not restart the computer, install Lightworks again and watch carefully for any warning or error message during installation. If successfully installed, start Lightworks and see what happens.

Here you'll find a procedure to deactivate Defender Controlled Folder Access:

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=42&id=194576&Itemid=81#194584

Re: Lightworks won't start 2 months ago #206004

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 2 months ago
The comparison spreadsheet show LW skipping drivers for hardware presumably not installed or installed but without a LW licence since it seems to be a LW Free installation - in short - nothing to see there.

The posted crash screen message mentions (a) CiceroUIWndFrame error - web searches link that to various computer items (b) DellMobileConnectClient.exe not sure if that has any relevance to LW software .

As has been pointed out - LW requires read/write access to the Windows/Users/Public/PublicDocuments folder. By default Win10 Defender blocks that.

A useful Win10 configuration utility can be found here -

www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

- it does noting more that address configuration commands within Win10 which otherwise need to be rather more laboriously located and edited.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds
Scroll To Top