Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Slow motion

Slow motion 1 month, 1 week ago #197210

• Floja
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Hi guys, I've just started learning how to edit videos and I was watching the Lightworks V14 Qick start guide. Although when he is showing how to start editing. The frames are in slow motion, he does not mention where to go to do the same. I haven't got a clue where to go. Cheers

Re: Slow motion 1 month, 1 week ago #197211

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Hello,

I don't understand exactly what you mean saying 'slow motion'.

The V14 Quick Start Guide video shows moving through the material by dragging the red timeline marker from its diamond shaped top back and forth. If some shots should show slow motion, which I can't detect, they are captured in slow motion.

If you mean how to apply a speed change: With mouse over the segment (the region between two cuts) to apply the speed change to, right-click and from 'Segment commands' select 'Speed', from the panel choose the 'Speed', e.g. 25% for slow motion, and 'Method' 'Resize', to resize the segment according to the speed change. Please note: With 'Auto track sync' from 'Timeline Commands' enabled the speed change applies to all tracks of the segment (video and audio).
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 month, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: Slow motion 1 month, 1 week ago #197215

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
For changing the speed P100 in the V14.5 User Guide found in downloads > documentation may assist you.
Last Edit: 1 month, 1 week ago by briandrys.

Re: Slow motion 1 month, 1 week ago #197219

• Floja
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Thanks for your reply, I suppose I didn't make myself clear. I wish to change the speed of the video I'm trying to do it, as is too fast.

I've chosen the first cut, however when I tried to chose the second cut it goes too fast.

Sorry I'm bit thick, I can't find 'Segment commands' select 'Speed'

Where do I go to find it? Thanks

Re: Slow motion 1 month, 1 week ago #197220

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
If my description wasn't clear enough, the documentation mentioned by briandrys explains how it works.

However, changing speed might not be an appropriate fix for your problem. Could you post a Mediainfo report, please?

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=23&id=66072&Itemid=81#66072
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 month, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: Slow motion 1 month, 1 week ago #197230

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Speed change cannot be applied to an 'original clip'. It is applied in the sequence timeline only.

If speed change is applied to a sequence event - it will remain even if a cut is made in that event, the event is trimmed, the event is copied or moved to elsewhere in the timeline.

If one returns to the original clip and places that into the sequence - the speed change must be applied to that new instance of the clip
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation
Last Edit: 1 month, 1 week ago by RWAV.

Slow motion 1 month, 1 week ago #197252

• Floja
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Hi Guys

I've given up trying to learn how to edit videos, with Lightworks. I need to find paid tutorials, so someone can show me how to edit videos step by step.

I need to know the basics, and watching Quick start guide in 7.52 minutes, will be impossible for me to feel comfortable to learn.

Thanks

Re: Slow motion 1 month, 1 week ago #197257

• geomcd1949
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
@Floja – If you have the time to devote to it, learning to use a professional NLE such as Lightworks will be quite satisfying.

There are free tutorials linked to on this page: www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=162&Itemid=246&start=QuickStart

Learning to edit video was a retirement project for me. I watched these LWKS tutorials in order, then watched them again. The second time I practiced the things that were demonstrated in the tutorials. Then I repeated the process. Ever so slowly the light came on, and one day I realized that I had become a novice editor.

There will of course be many things for which you’ll need advice. This Forum has many long-time, highly skilled editors who volunteer their time and expertise to answer new users’ questions. You’ll learn how to frame your questions properly, and the answers you get will be invaluable.
North Carolina, USA
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
2x2.7 GHz E5-2680
500GB SSD and1TB HDD
64 GB DDR3 10600
Quadro K4200
~X-Keys Pro 68 key USB Jog/Shuttle controller
*Galaxy E5 with Filmic Plus*
*JVC GY-HM150*

Re: Slow motion 1 month, 1 week ago #197258

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Have a look at this thread which has a number of unofficial video tutorials.

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=26&id=179615&Itemid=81#ftop

Like all of the professional NLEs, you need to spend some time finding your way around. Fortunately, you can experiment without damaging your media and undo is always handy for going back on any mistakes.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds
Scroll To Top