Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lightworks freezes

Re: Lightworks freezes 2 months, 2 weeks ago #196735

• Pappetsu
  • Pro User
  • Junior Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Oh I'm seeing your committed support. Instead of helping you make a post boasting about the forum. When I bought the program it said I would have support. I'm seeing none.

I just want to know one thing before I leav (I'm not getting anywhere in this forum): If I reinstall lightworks, will the pro license expire?
My Laptop Specifications:
- Name/Brand/Model: Alienware 15 R3
- Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 4 Nucleous, 8 Logic Processors
- Graphic's Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 and Intel HD Graphics 630
- RAM: 8,00 Gb
- Audio: Realtek Audio and NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)
- Storage: SSD SanDisk 500Gb (476Gb)

Re: Lightworks freezes 2 months, 2 weeks ago #196736

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
To help, we need qualified information and cooperation.

Reinstalling Lightworks on the same computer will not affect your license, but I doubt that it will fix your problem. Tell if it does.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Lightworks freezes 2 months, 2 weeks ago #196737

• Pappetsu
  • Pro User
  • Junior Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
hugly wrote:
Pappetsu wrote:
Ok, thank you for your mediocre support. I'll solve this on my own or check youtube or other forums.

I hesitated one moment if it's this worth a reaction from my side to this contribution.

With your assumption that everything is fine with your media, your edits and your computer, the logical consequence is waiting for some future release of Lightworks to see if it fixes your problem and switching to other software for now.

EXCUSE ME?! Switching to another software? I bought a 1 year pro license and I'm not payment for a software to leave it idle aside. In that case I want my money back so I can switch to another program.
- Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 4 Nucleous, 8 Logic Processors

Re: Lightworks freezes 2 months, 2 weeks ago #196738

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Dear Pappetsu,

I simply pointed out what basic logic implies.
Last Edit: 2 months, 2 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: Lightworks freezes 2 months, 2 weeks ago #196739

• Pappetsu
  • Pro User
  • Junior Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
You're hypocritical. The nerve. First you suggest to change software and now you act like you've said something useful. Keep your logic to yourself and don't reply anymore to this topic.

Re: Lightworks freezes 2 months, 2 weeks ago #196740

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Are you here to ask for help or to force a conflict?

Re: Lightworks freezes 2 months, 2 weeks ago #196741

• Doofer
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
(Pappetsu - whether you are meaning to or not, you are not coming across well! What Hugly is saying - in his second language - is that if, when advised to provide certain information or try certain maneuvers by someone who has helped hundreds of people with similar problems, you appear to insist that such information is unnecessary, or demand an explanation as to why it is needed, you render yourself very difficult to help! I have asked many questions about Lightworks (a mature, highly-capable NLE), and have nearly always, following the advice of Hugly and others, found the problem is something to do with the way I am doing something - and nearly always there is a solution. We all find these problems frustrating, but my advice - free, like everything on this forum - is to hang in there!)

Re: Lightworks freezes 2 months, 2 weeks ago #196755

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
My knowledge is not sufficient to analyze all details of the log files and the media info. Before further testing, I would create a backup of the folder C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks\
(and all subfolders); provided you have enough space.
This will also save the milestones that could otherwise be overwritten by further testing.

Pappetsu wrote:
... The files opened in lightworks are being edited since the beginning of last week but only today lightworks froze.

I would test what exactly is affected by the problem:
- Playback of clips, subclips, etc. in the project content?
- In case of multiple sequences: which ?
- Does the problem only occur at certain positions in the Timeline? What about these positions (a particular clip, effect, etc.)?

- If the problem occurs in all objects and positions? What happens when a new test project is created and the previously used media are imported and played?

- Are there any improvements if you delete this file:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks\Effect Templates\Templates.Cache
and restart Lightworks?
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Windows 10, 64 Bit
Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz) ; Intel HD Graphics 4600
Last Edit: 2 months, 2 weeks ago by schrauber.

Re: Lightworks freezes 2 months, 2 weeks ago #196756

• Pappetsu
  • Pro User
  • Junior Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
schrauber wrote:

I would test what exactly is affected by the problem:

schrauber wrote:
- Playback of clips, subclips, etc. in the project content?

When I try to play the sequence, clips or subclips, it happens, it doesn't load, the mouse pointer gives place to the hourglass for a few seconds and the sequence remains still. Actually the hourglass appears every single time for a couple of seconds when I do something in the project. And my PC has what it's needed to handle the program. And the drivers are all up to date. So I think the problem is not the PC.

schrauber wrote:
- In case of multiple sequences: which ?

Any sequence.

schrauber wrote:
- Does the problem only occur at certain positions in the Timeline? What about these positions (a particular clip, effect, etc.)?

Any position, any clip. And the sequence does not have any effects (VFX).

schrauber wrote:
- If the problem occurs in all objects and positions? What happens when a new test project is created and the previously used media are imported and played?

I did start a new project and uploaded videos with a different codec rather then the h264. The same happens.

schrauber wrote:
- Are there any improvements if you delete this file: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks\Effect Templates\Templates.Cache
and restart Lightworks?

I did that now and problem persists.

Re: Lightworks freezes 2 months, 2 weeks ago #196757

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Thanks, so we can assume that your sequence and effect files are not the problem.

Pappetsu wrote:
When I try to play the sequence, clips or subclips, it happens, it doesn't load ...

For testing purposes only:

What happens if the test sequences play without audio tracks? ... or imported images?

Do you see a still picture, or nothing at all?

Test of the Lightworks Settings folder etc.:
If you go to the folder
C: \ Users \ Public \ Documents \ Lightworks \
rename for example:
C: \ Users \ Public \ Documents \ Lightworks_original \
Then the next time you restart Lightworks, it automatically creates a new folder, which may restore some defaults. Because this new folder does not yet contain any projects, Lightworks will not include any projects (your projects are still in the renamed folder, but hidden from Lightworks).
Because the license files in the renamed folder are also hidden from Lightworks, Lightworks will ask you for your username and password to create new license files. With my free license, this is completely unproblematic with existing Internet access, but I have not been able to test it with a pro-license.

What happens if you create a new project under these conditions and import and play media that used to work in Lightworks days ago (assuming a compatible frame rate)?
If the problem persists, then the contents of this folder seem to be ok. Otherwise, the subfolders would need to be examined in detail.

End of test:
By renaming the corresponding folders, I restore the original settings and projects:
I rename "Lightworks" to "Lightworks_test", and
"Lightworks_original" I call back to "Lightworks"
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Windows 10, 64 Bit
Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz) ; Intel HD Graphics 4600
Last Edit: 2 months, 2 weeks ago by schrauber.

Re: Lightworks freezes 2 months, 2 weeks ago #196759

• Pappetsu
  • Pro User
  • Junior Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Moderated: The text in this post was deleted and this user has been banned. They were warned not to persist with this behaviour. This is not a site that promotes illegal activities or the abuse of other users, especially if they're trying to assist - jwrl.
Last Edit: 2 months, 2 weeks ago by jwrl.

Re: Lightworks freezes 2 months, 2 weeks ago #196763

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Further to my comment above: I appreciate the fact that Pappetsu was frustrated because they were not getting the results that they wanted. They could always have reported this directly to Editshare via the reportaproblem form, which would have cost them nothing.

From the error message the problem that they had encountered appeared to be linked to their sound card and/or sound driver(s). This may already have been fixed with version 14.6, and if not, the developers would definitely have liked to know about the problem. In particular they would have appreciated knowing the hardware configuration that triggers it.

As it is, they will never know now, nor will that problem be identified. Sad.

Re: Lightworks freezes 2 months ago #197457

• Matt Sandford
  • Administrator
    Pro User
  • Administrator
  • 2 months ago
Just to bring this to a close, the customer who experienced this issue contacted us for a refund.

We offered up steps to try to resolve the issue explaining that an audio system setting must have been changed. Despite reluctance from the customer, we did eventually get given remote access to the system to resolve the issue for them.

The issue was indeed due to the sound device being set incorrectly (Sound->Playback->Properties->Advanced) this had been altered automatically by another screen recording application. Changing the default mode to: 16bit, 48000 Hz, (DVD Quality) enabled the correct playback and functionality within Lightworks again.

The customer was left to try other audio settings to see which would allow both applications to work without issue.

Matt
Lightworks Product Manager

Re: Lightworks freezes 2 months ago #197467

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 2 months ago
Thanks, Matt. I have also removed the block on Pappetsu.
Last Edit: 2 months ago by jwrl.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds
Scroll To Top