Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cannot Launch Lightworks - Lightworks Editor Application has stopped working

Cannot Launch Lightworks - Lightworks Editor Application has stopped working 1 week, 1 day ago #196200

• emmw
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
Lightworks was working fine previously (ver 14), until today when I was doing editing work, I was creating a blur effect at the VFX tab. Something which I've never done before. I was try to duplicate the blur effect from one segment to another. And then lightworks started to hang and have no response.

Upon killing the application, and trying to relaunch, I permanently cannot launch lightworks anymore.

I will see the message: "Lightworks Editor Application has stopped working." Sometimes I don't even see any message.

I tried launching it by double clicking it from the desktop, right click and select open, right click and run as administrator, double clicking ntcardvt from the lightworks folder, restarting browser, restarting laptop, all to no avail.

I then renamed the lightworks folder to lightworksOLD, then downloading and installing lightworks v14.5. Then I tried launching that, now even 14.5 cannot open.

I've a whole week's worth of work I now cannot access. Pls help. thanks.

My specs:
Windows 7 64 bit, Intel I5.
8GB RAM

Re: Cannot Launch Lightworks - Lightworks Editor Application has stopped working 1 week, 1 day ago #196201

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
Hello,

If you wouldn't have told that you renamed Lightworks to LightworksOLD, I would have said, delete the file 'Templates.Cache' from folder 'Effect Templates' and see what happens, but this story indicates a damaged computer or operating system.

Could you specify the full path of the folder you've renamed prior to installing V14.5, please?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 week, 1 day ago by hugly.

Re: Cannot Launch Lightworks - Lightworks Editor Application has stopped working 1 week, 1 day ago #196202

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
Allow one additional question:

From your avatar I see that you've joined the board today.

Where did you find Lightworks V14.0 for download?

Re: Cannot Launch Lightworks - Lightworks Editor Application has stopped working 1 week, 1 day ago #196208

• emmw
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
Hi,

The path is C:\Program Files.
I can't find any file with the name Templates.cache from folder Effect Templates.

Thanks.

Re: Cannot Launch Lightworks - Lightworks Editor Application has stopped working 1 week, 1 day ago #196209

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
Welcome to the forum.

There are two different Lightworks folders of the same name on your computer. Please do not confuse these.
You usually do not need to rename the the Lightworks installation folder. If you install a new Lightworks version, simply choose a different installation path in the installation wizard. After installation, you will have two versions of Lightworks available, but they will access the same settings and saved projects.

These shared settings and projects are in a different Lightworks folder.
On Windor systems, this folder is located in this path:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks\
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Windows 10, 64 Bit
Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz) ; Intel HD Graphics 4600
Last Edit: 1 week, 1 day ago by schrauber.

Re: Cannot Launch Lightworks - Lightworks Editor Application has stopped working 1 week, 1 day ago #196210

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
emmw wrote:
I can't find any file with the name Templates.cache from folder Effect Templates.

It's "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks\Effect Templates\Templates.Cache".

With Lightwork V14.5 installend and Lightworks shut down, delete this file, restart Lightworks and see what happens.

If it works, you can delete the previously renamed folder "C:\Program Files\LightworksOLD". It contains the program files of V14.0. The program files V14.5 are located, if you didn't change defaults, on "C:\Program Files\Lightworks". Don't touch this folder. If your system language isn't English the parent folder (the string left of "Lightworks") might appear different (read: translated, but in fact that's an alias and not a different name).

Re: Cannot Launch Lightworks - Lightworks Editor Application has stopped working 1 week, 1 day ago #196218

• emmw
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
I tried deleting Templates.Cache but Lightworks still could not start. Restarted the laptop too.
Last Edit: 1 week, 1 day ago by emmw. Reason: update

Re: Cannot Launch Lightworks - Lightworks Editor Application has stopped working 1 week, 1 day ago #196219

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
Then, you are in trouble.

Could you please zip and post the entire Logs folder from
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks\Logs

Re: Cannot Launch Lightworks - Lightworks Editor Application has stopped working 1 week, 1 day ago #196222

• emmw
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
Please see attached. Thank you.
This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 1 week, 1 day ago by emmw.

Re: Cannot Launch Lightworks - Lightworks Editor Application has stopped working 1 week, 1 day ago #196226

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
Unfortunately, none of the 31 error.log files in the archive show any entry. That means, the program crashes in a very early state of startup. It's likely that something is wrong with your computer or your operating system, a damaged device, new hardware, newly installed software, updates or other system changes. I can't help you much trouble shooting this kind of problem, but graphics and sound hardware and drivers are the points to start checking for problems.

As last resort you can try a clean install of Lightworks without access to user data.

1. Disconnect all external devices and restart your computer, first. Don't start any application.
  2. Move the entire folder 'Lightworks' from 'C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks' out of 'Documents' to a safe place.
  3. Reinstall the 64-bit version of Lightworks V14.5 (downloaded from this site) with default settings and watch for error messages when installing.
  4. Try starting Lightworks and see what happens.

If you see Lightworks running with an empty start screen, you are very lucky and we should be able to restore your projects afterwards.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds
Scroll To Top