Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Project keeps failing to export.

Project keeps failing to export. 1 week, 3 days ago #194384

• jca1996
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 3 days ago
Hi everyone.

I've been trying to export this project for a while now, and the same thing keeps happening.
When I click "export", a window pops up with a loading bar on it, which begins to load. It gets to about 5% of the way, then the entire program freezes and it says "lightworks is not responding".
The project consists of two video clips taken by the same cell phone (Samsung galaxy S5), which have been chopped into many pieces and edited into position on the sequence. Also, an MP3 music track.
I tried modifying all of the options in the export window. (Frame rate, resolution, etc."
One thing I did that made a slight difference was deleting the black space in front of the track. I used "i", "o" to select the section, then "X" to delete it.
After that, when I clicked on "export", the loading bar would make it to about 30%, then the program stops responding.

Although I deleted the black space, there still seems to be one frame at the beginning which is black. I don't know if that matters.

I tested exporting a different project which consisted of several clips downloaded from YouTube edited together, along with a single audio track. That export was successful.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you so much!

Re: Project keeps failing to export. 1 week, 3 days ago #194387

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 3 days ago
Welcome to the forum.

Are you using V14.5?

Please follow the directions in this sticky, so that users can see the technical details of your video.

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=23&id=66072&Itemid=81

Also, the spec of your computer would be useful.

Re: Project keeps failing to export. 1 week, 3 days ago #194389

• jca1996
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 3 days ago
Hi, thanks for the response.

Terribly sorry,

How do I figure out which version I'm using?

When did version 14.5 come out?

Mine is a 32-bit operating system, X 64- based processor. 2.0 GB of RAM.

The link in the sticky let me to download light works again. I'm not sure what that was about.

Please tell me any more information is needed

Re: Project keeps failing to export. 1 week, 2 days ago #194436

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
jca1996 wrote:
How do I figure out which version I'm using?

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

jca1996 wrote:
When did version 14.5 come out?
Oct 2018

jca1996 wrote:
X 64- based processor.
There are many different processors from this class of processors.
Do you know the name of your processor?
Do you work with Microsoft Windows, or any other operating system?

jca1996 wrote:
2.0 GB of RAM.
This is very little for video editing.

jca1996 wrote:
The link in the sticky let me to download light works again. I'm not sure what that was about.

The link takes you first to the Lightworks download page.
Click on "Tools".
There you will find a link to an external website from which you can download the program "MediaInfo". This program will then give you detailed information about the original media you are using (Videos & Audio & images).

jca1996 wrote:
When I click "export", a window pops up with a loading bar on it, which begins to load. It gets to about 5% of the way, then the entire program freezes and it says "lightworks is not responding".

Does playback work in the preview window?

If the problem is caused only by certain positions on your timeline, then you can perhaps locate the problem by doing test exports of short sections of your timeline? Mark the timeline region to be exported to test and select "Market section" in the export menu.
I would also watch the RAM usage to see if it rises to critical levels.
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Windows 10, 64 Bit
Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz) ; Intel HD Graphics 4600
Last Edit: 1 week, 2 days ago by schrauber.

Re: Project keeps failing to export. 1 week, 2 days ago #194455

• jca1996
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
My processor is Intel (R) ATOM (TM) CPU Z33740 @ 1.33 GHz 1.33 GHz

I am using lightworks version 14.0.0.0

My OS is Microsoft Windows 10 home.

Playback is not smooth on the preview window, but the audio plays smoothly. I have edited and exported projects very similar to this in the past successfully. My playback has always been choppy in the preview window.

I did the section tests you suggested. The problem only exists in one section of the timeline. It is the section containing the highest amount of editing.

In that section, some of the Individual audio tracks contain what appeared to be error indicators. They are just little red rectangles with numbers in them. This is happening in three audio tracks. One says 403, one says 423, one says 597.

Those audio tracks are part of a conjoined video and audio track which came from cell phone footage. When I first uploaded the track, no error messages appeared. I copied the small sections that I wanted to use from the original track and put them elsewhere in the timeline.

In the past, I have done virtually the exact same thing with footage from multiple different cell phones.

As for the RAM, yes it does get to dangerous levels. When I watch task manager during an export attempt, the CPU, disk, and memory all go to nearly 100%.

Please let me know if there's any more information I should find. Thanks for the help!

Re: Project keeps failing to export. 1 week, 2 days ago #194457

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
Thanks for the answer.
Normally Lightworks needs much more powerful systems.
Hard to tell if computer performance is the problem or something else.

First you should install Lightworks 14.5 (32 bit) in a separate folder. This will allow you to test both versions.
I can't say if posting a "MediaInfo" report will bring any usable results.

jca1996 wrote:
I did the section tests you suggested. The problem only exists in one section of the timeline. It is the section containing the highest amount of editing.
Would you like to post a screenshot of this timeline section?

jca1996 wrote:
In that section, some of the Individual audio tracks contain what appeared to be error indicators. They are just little red rectangles with numbers in them. This is happening in three audio tracks. One says 403, one says 423, one says 597.
These are just synchronization hints.
Windows 10, 64 Bit

Re: Project keeps failing to export. 1 week, 1 day ago #194506

• jca1996
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
Tell me if you can see the photo in the attachment.

Re: Project keeps failing to export. 1 week, 1 day ago #194526

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
I do not see any attachment.
Maybe the forum software did not accept the file?
For example, large GIF images often do not work. JPG usually works better when the dimensions are larger.
Windows 10, 64 Bit

Re: Project keeps failing to export. 1 week, 1 day ago #194542

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
jca1996 wrote:
My processor is Intel (R) ATOM (TM) CPU Z33740 @ 1.33 GHz 1.33 GHz

I am using lightworks version 14.0.0.0

My OS is Microsoft Windows 10 home.

Your computer is really underpowered for video editing. It could be that it's just about managing the basics, but rendering out for the export is taking it over the edge.

Re: Project keeps failing to export. 1 week, 1 day ago #194552

• jca1996
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
Okay thanks. I'm going to get a new computer soon, but for now I'll try to figure it out.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds
Scroll To Top