Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: LW Editor stopped working error INSTALL - need this for a school project asap

Re: LW Editor stopped working error INSTALL - need this for a school project asap 2 weeks, 6 days ago #175866

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 6 days ago
jwrl wrote:
You didn't pick that up, and thus you may have contributed to mwbrooksjr failing his semester. Well done.

And with all respect, what is that?

Are you blaming me because I'm trying to help others? What about all the other experienced users who didn't even try, including yourself?

The problem of the OP is that they started their work far too late and did't respond for 14 hours.

And you seem to have another serious problem, apart from this discussion.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: LW Editor stopped working error INSTALL - need this for a school project asap 2 weeks, 6 days ago #175873

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 2 weeks, 6 days ago
hugly wrote:
Are you blaming me because I'm trying to help others? What about all the other experienced users who didn't even try, including yourself?

jwrl wrote:
When I first read this thread about an hour ago

I first read the thread roughly two and a half hours ago now, and realised that he had received no help from anyone. The only posts that he had received served to delay any real help.

hugly wrote:
you seem to have another serious problem, apart from this discussion.

I'm not the one with the desperate need to always have the last word. I'm not the one who masquerades as an experienced Lightworks editor with nothing to back it up. I'm not the one with multiple user accounts behind which they can hide.

That is my serious problem. I have seen experienced helpful users driven away from these forums by a single extremely vocal, aggressive, argumentative person. And it concerns me. As I see it, it's a really serious problem and I'm at a loss as to how to fix it.

Re: LW Editor stopped working error INSTALL - need this for a school project asap 2 weeks, 6 days ago #175875

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 6 days ago
mwbrooksjr,

As mentioned earlier, the next potential candidate for possible trouble could be Controlled Folder Access of Windows Defender. It's possible that it block access to Lightworks user folders. This Microsoft document shows how to enable it.
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/windows-defender-exploit-guard/enable-controlled-folders-exploit-guard

Please disable Controlled Folder Access (just temporarily), install Lightworks again, try to start and see what happens.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 weeks, 6 days ago by hugly.

Re: LW Editor stopped working error INSTALL - need this for a school project asap 1 week ago #176981

• kennygag
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week ago
Sounds like a fun project! Plex Kodi Lucky Patcher A few titles that come to mind are "Get the Ball Rolling: How does slope and surface affect velocity?" or "Fastball?: How does slope and surface affect velocity?"

Good luck!
Last Edit: 6 days, 6 hours ago by kennygag.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.62 seconds
Scroll To Top