Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Please Help! 'quit unexpectedly' message after download!

Please Help! 'quit unexpectedly' message after download! 5 months, 3 weeks ago #175130

• sarahtaylor
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 months, 3 weeks ago
Hey Everybody

I've been trawling the forum and the web, desperate for some insight into the problem. I've downloaded LWKS v14 for the first time. It seems to download ok but when i try to open it, it never gets there and sends a 'quit unexpectedly' message.
I have a Macbook Pro 15" 2.53GHz Mid 2009, running OS X El Cap 10.11.1
I fear my laptop just isn't up to the task anymore!
I think i've attached the right info. A zip of my Mac details and one of the report message!
Hope this is helpful.

Any help would be most appreciated.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Please Help! 'quit unexpectedly' message after download! 5 months, 3 weeks ago #175138

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months, 3 weeks ago
Hello and welcome!

You've added the crash report in Pages format. To make it readable for others who don't use OSX and Pages, I've copied it and attached a code box plain text file.

Unfortunately I can't read OSX error reports, but I suspect 256 MB of VRAM might be one possible cause of the problem. Others might know better explanations or even workarounds or fixes, except of purchasing new hardware.
Attachments:
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 5 months, 3 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: Please Help! 'quit unexpectedly' message after download! 5 months, 3 weeks ago #175151

• sarahtaylor
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 months, 3 weeks ago
Ah! Sorry about that! Thanks for your help hugly. I had my suspicions about whether it was up to the challenge! I've been using iMovie 09 but, like everyone else, i've got problems with it now since updating to El Cap. Thought i'd try something new...or more to the point, that works!!! ☹️

Re: Please Help! 'quit unexpectedly' message after download! 5 months, 3 weeks ago #175153

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months, 3 weeks ago
I don't use iMove on my MacBook here, only Lightworks, but as far as I can read on the internet, iMovie should run under El Capitan and should be downloadable for free from the app store, but I don't know the minimum system requirements for iMovie on El Capitan.

What you can try is installing Lightworks V14.5 beta to see if it runs on your machine.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 5 months, 3 weeks ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.76 seconds
Scroll To Top