Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: HELP! Version 14 won't start

HELP! Version 14 won't start 9 months, 1 week ago #170947

So I've had a pro license for over a year and I've been using version 12.6 which has worked out just fine. My license just expired and I bought another year long subscription. When I went back into my light works 12.6 and tried to sign in I kept receiving a "No License available" sign. I figured the problem was that I needed to update to version 14 so I installed that on my computer as well. However once it was installed and I went to click on it I received this message: "The item Lightworks.exe that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly." So basically I can't sign into my version 12.6 and I can't even open version 14. Please help!!!

Re: HELP! Version 14 won't start 9 months, 1 week ago #170950

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 9 months, 1 week ago
Welcome to the forum.

Try starting Lightworks using ntcardvt.exe from inside the program folder.

Re: HELP! Version 14 won't start 9 months, 1 week ago #170959

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 9 months, 1 week ago
At the moment it looks like your subscription hasn't yet renewed. Your icon is greyed out, suggesting that it's still being processed. If you haven't had a response within 24 hours you should contact the webteam directly and let them know. Details of how to do that are in the help section at the top of this page. You should still be able to use 12.6 though. It's one of the six versions that I currently have installed, and it still functions.

As for that error message; just remove the shortcut - Windows has let you down here. Then open C:\Program Files\Lightworks and right click on Lightworks.exe and drag it onto your desktop and drop it. When you do that you will get a drop down menu which amongst other things gives you the choice to "Create shortcuts here". Click on that and you will have a new shortcut that will work.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds
Scroll To Top