Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lightworks crashes on exit

Lightworks crashes on exit 2 years ago #156850

• lumajon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 years ago
Hi,

I'm running Lightworks 14 on Windows 7 64-bit. Whenever I try to close Lightworks it will hang, and I'm forced to end the process. The error log (attached) reports an exception relating to Render Display Task Kicker, but I'm not sure how to solve the problem. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Jon
Last Edit: 2 years ago by lumajon. Reason: Add version number

Re: Lightworks crashes on exit 2 years ago #156855

• lumajon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 years ago
Turns out this was caused by a corrupted project. Moving it from the projects folder fixed the problem. I'll have to try and recover the project another time...

Re: Lightworks crashes on exit 2 years ago #156857

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years ago
Hello and welcome!

Unfortunately, error.log is missing in your post.

Please zip and post the entire Logs folder located at

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks\Logs

Your computer specs (CPU, RAM, GPU, HDDs) and a Mediainfo report of typical footage you use could be also helpful. Please see:
www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=23&id=66072&Itemid=81
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Lightworks crashes on exit 2 years ago #156858

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years ago
I missed you last post above.

Crashes on exit caused by a damaged project haven't been reported yet as far as I know, only on startup and when trying to enter projects. That might be a new issue.

Would you mind to zip and post the affected project folder together with a folder with the same name as the project folder but starting with "G.." instead of "P.."?

Re: Lightworks crashes on exit 2 years ago #156861

• lumajon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 years ago
Hi,

Here are the project files, as requested, and the log file (it's weird that the forum won't allow you to upload it with the .log extension)

Kind regards,
Jon
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Lightworks crashes on exit 2 years ago #156916

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years ago
Thanks for providing the files.

I checked that project here and I couldn't find any obviously damaged file nor did the project cause any crash on my system.

If the crash is still reproducible on your system with this project, it's possible that something else related to the project and not included in the archive (source media, wave form data, effects) causes it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds
Scroll To Top