Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: why does window open with "uninstall" option when started?!

why does window open with "uninstall" option when started?! 2 years ago #156757

• geoffacox
  • Junior Boarder
  • 2 years ago
Hello

each time I open Lightworks a window opens with the "uninstall" option!?

Cheers

Geoff

Re: why does window open with "uninstall" option when started?! 2 years ago #156758

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 years ago
that doesn't happen with me, which operating system are you using?

Re: why does window open with "uninstall" option when started?! 2 years ago #156761

• geoffacox
  • Junior Boarder
  • 2 years ago
I am using Windows 10, build 15063.540 with the free version of Lightworks 14.0.0.0.

have also realised that this only happens when PC is first turned on or re-started.

See pic.

Geoff
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: why does window open with "uninstall" option when started?! 2 years ago #156775

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years ago
When installing, Lightworks doesn't create a link to its uninstaller in Windows 10 Start-up folder. This folder behaves similar to Autostart in earlier versions. Moreover, no program I know does that. It doesn't make much sense to uninstall a program regularly on startup, does it?

I wonder how you got this link there. Please remove it using appropriate system tools. If it should re-appear without manual interference, please consider a virus on your system.

EDIT: After removing and if you shouldn't find the link to Lightworks executable in the Startup Menu, re-install Lightworks. That should bring the links back into right place.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 years ago by hugly.

Re: why does window open with "uninstall" option when started?! 2 years ago #156778

• geoffacox
  • Junior Boarder
  • 2 years ago
Thanks - will take a look at this - just realised that the uninstall option comes up when the PC boots up and this happens without starting Lightworks ...

Geoff

Re: why does window open with "uninstall" option when started?! 2 years ago #156779

• geoffacox
  • Junior Boarder
  • 2 years ago
have now stopped this so all is well !

Cheers

Geoff
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds
Scroll To Top