Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Transparent Black Layer

Transparent Black Layer 2 years, 2 months ago #156510

• Killrogg
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 years, 2 months ago
Hi,

I am not an absolute beginner in Video editing. I have some experiences with MS movie maker and some of helping my father with his pinacle studio sw.
I understand the principle of multiple layers, through gimp and photoshop.

I was searching diverse forums for a solution in lightworks (which I like btw!) to put a dark layer with a transparent "hole" over a video (a person ist talking).

Sorry If there is allready a thread for this issue - but i wasn't able to find it, neither I think I am able to search for it because I don't know the needed phrases / technical Vocabolaries...

Is there any tutorial for this topic? Or could anyone provide me a lightworks noob explanation?

thx in advance!

Re: Transparent Black Layer 2 years, 2 months ago #156519

• arniepix
    Pro User
  • 2 years, 2 months ago
What you want to do is create a vignette. there's a series of 3 tutorials that explain how to do this using the color corrector and gradient layers with blend modes. Or you can just apply the gradient with a blend mode without the color corrector.
I work in Manhattan, USA, but at night I cross the waters to sleep in Brooklyn, USA.

Also, post production is not an afterthought!
Last Edit: 2 years, 2 months ago by arniepix.

Re: Transparent Black Layer 2 years, 2 months ago #156522

• Killrogg
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 years, 2 months ago
vignette....
thank you very much! - I ll check this out!

Re: Transparent Black Layer 2 years, 2 months ago #156613

• arniepix
    Pro User
  • 2 years, 2 months ago
BTW, another way to do this is to create a black solid in Photoshop or Gimp with a hole cut in it.

Or you could make a black color solid in Lighworks and use an oval mask to cut a hole in that. IOW, There are many ways to do this.
I work in Manhattan, USA, but at night I cross the waters to sleep in Brooklyn, USA.

Also, post production is not an afterthought!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds
Scroll To Top