Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: "No license available" when Lightworks worked fine for me yesterday

Re: Activating free version - "No license available" 1 year, 2 months ago #143094

• naquinn76
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 2 months ago
Just had the same issue no being able to access the app. Have downloaded the new version and just wanted to say I think the new locked layout is amazing!!!! Great work by everyone at Lightworks.

If they can just add a basic compressor now to the audio effects then it would be pretty much perfect.

I can't think of any reason why anyone would want to use Avid anymore.

Great job.

Re: "No license available" when Lightworks worked fine for me yesterday 1 year, 2 months ago #143154

• Abdo83
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 2 months ago
it happened with me today the same problem {no licence available}

Re: "No license available" when Lightworks worked fine for me yesterday 1 year, 2 months ago #143157

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 2 months ago
Welcome to the forum.

As a free user, under the conditions of use, you’re restricted to using the latest release version, which is now V 14. The latest build for your operating system is available on the download page of this site.

There are a number of changes in V14, the most noticeable being the choice of either a fixed or a flexible layout (The latter is the traditional Lightworks layout, the former is the new one). You can select these in the system settings on the top right of the project browser page (the one that Lightworks opens on).

Before attempting any serious editing please look at the video tutorials or the Quick Guide for V14 and explore the flexible layout’s new timeline for the changes (because it’s a bit different) and some aspects don’t match the older video tutorials. This may help:
www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=24&id=141955&Itemid=81#141962

Re: "No license available" when Lightworks worked fine for me yesterday 10 months, 2 weeks ago #153839

• paulygon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 10 months, 2 weeks ago
The problem here is that when you run Lightworks, you run into a nearly unexplained wall as to why the software won't launch. There is no button to update, no message to point out that you have to close the software launch screen, find the lightworks web site using a browser, download the latest version, and cross your fingers that the new installer is going to install on top of the old version with no problems. And it's only that "easy" if you happen to somehow know all of this in advance. Otherwise you have to start with a free-range google search for "lightworks no license available" and stumbled onto this forum page. And finally, if you're as dorky as I am, you forgot your user name/pass word and had to work that @$#% out first.

Needless to say, I was miffed enough to post this message. Maybe it will help improve this very cool free video editing software. Cool enough to make me go through this complete waste of time instead of trying to find a simpler video editing solution.

Re: "No license available" when Lightworks worked fine for me yesterday 10 months, 2 weeks ago #153842

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 10 months, 2 weeks ago
Welcome to the forum.

I assume you would like a message directing you to update on this site because your free license doesn't cover the old version.

I don't know the reasons behind the wording of the "No license available" message, I suspect it's because you can run earlier versions with the Pro license and this isn't available on your machine. It may also be a general; message that covers a number of situations which require a license.

Solutions to many of the issues that arise with Lightworks can be found in the FAQ section, found in "Help" at the top of this web site. "No license available" is in red banner at the top of the FAQ page.

You don't need to do a full google search, running a quick search of the forum will also give a solution to this and many other issues.
Last Edit: 10 months, 2 weeks ago by briandrys.

Re: "No license available" when Lightworks worked fine for me yesterday 10 months, 2 weeks ago #153843

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 10 months, 2 weeks ago
Hello,

When clicking the Help link on the sign-in panel shown below:

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Or the Help button on top of this pages, or FAQ, or Activation Trouble Shooting, you will see this message:

The major problem of Google is that it weighs the mass and not the quality of information. Understandable, because mass is easy to count using machines.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 10 months, 2 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: "No license available" when Lightworks worked fine for me yesterday 4 months, 2 weeks ago #168882

I just reinstalled Lightworks because of some startup errors. It's now giving me a "No license available" error.

Any ideas?

Re: "No license available" when Lightworks worked fine for me yesterday 4 months, 2 weeks ago #168884

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months, 2 weeks ago
Hello,

Are you sure that you've installed current release V14.0?

Re: "No license available" when Lightworks worked fine for me yesterday 4 months, 2 weeks ago #169023

Yes, that's the only version I could download.

Re: "No license available" when Lightworks worked fine for me yesterday 4 months, 2 weeks ago #169026

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months, 2 weeks ago
Thanks.

I summarize, you see the message "No license available" when trying to login with the credentials you’ve used for online registration with Lightworks and, you’re running V14.0 and not an older version accidentally, which possibly exists on your system.

Please delete the license files "license.est and "license.xml" from
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks\Lists
restart Lightworks, login and see what happens.
Last Edit: 4 months, 2 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: "No license available" when Lightworks worked fine for me yesterday 4 months, 2 weeks ago #169062

Ok, I suppose I've made progress, but I'm not there yet. I get the program to start loading, but then it comes up with "Lightworks Editor Application has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

And I haven't seen where it notifies me about a solution or tells me the problem.
Last Edit: 4 months, 2 weeks ago by jamesburtonproductions.

Re: "No license available" when Lightworks worked fine for me yesterday 4 months, 2 weeks ago #169064

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months, 2 weeks ago
I think, that's an entirely different problem, I assume some kind of damaged metadata due to earlier crashes.

You can try installing most recent V14.1 beta, downloadable from "Downloads" on top of this page, and see if it fixes the issue.

Please note: Crashes can be caused by editing some kind of not properly supported footage.
Last Edit: 4 months, 2 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: "No license available" when Lightworks worked fine for me yesterday 4 months, 1 week ago #169129

Thanks. I may do that. If I decide to uninstall and then reinstall, do I need to make copies of my projects or anything?

Re: "No license available" when Lightworks worked fine for me yesterday 4 months, 1 week ago #169148

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
Under normal conditions, installing a new version of Lightworks will not delete any of your projects or media. The new version will operate on the same projects.

If you wish keeping the existing version of the program, specify a different destination folder when installing the V14.1, something like "Lightworks V14.1 RC7" instead of "Lightworks".

Nonetheless, if you don't have a copy of your projects it's in general a good idea to make a backups of each project. With theses settings only metadata are saved, helpful to restore projects from backups to an earlier state.

For archiving purposes, to migrate projects to other computers, or to be prepared for loss of media, include all media.

Restore a project from backup:

Last Edit: 4 months, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: "No license available" when Lightworks worked fine for me yesterday 4 months, 1 week ago #169256

Uninstall/Reinstall seems to have fixed it. Thanks for your help.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds
Scroll To Top