Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: "No license available" when Lightworks worked fine for me yesterday

"No license available" when Lightworks worked fine for me yesterday 1 year, 5 months ago #141327

• Arariel
  • Senior Boarder
  • 1 year, 5 months ago
Hello,

As per usual, Lightworks told me my free license expired. Tried logging in, and "no license available." I used Lightworks yesterday to edit a video without any issues. So...what's going on?

Re: "No license available" when Lightworks worked fine for me yesterday 1 year, 5 months ago #141333

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 5 months ago
What version of Lightworks are you attempting to use? As a free user you must use the current version, which in this case is version 14.0.

Re: "No license available" when Lightworks worked fine for me yesterday 1 year, 5 months ago #141338

• CatsRuffles
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 5 months ago
Having this problem as well, though this is my first time booting up Lightworks in about 3 weeks.

Re: "No license available" when Lightworks worked fine for me yesterday 1 year, 5 months ago #141339

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 5 months ago
You will need to download and install version 14.

There seems to be confusion about the conditions of use here today. One of the conditions is that free users can only licence the current version. This is not a new condition.

Since today that version is version 14. Click on the "Download" button at the top right of this page to get it. Then you'll be able to renew your licence. Just be aware that version 14 has two user interfaces: the traditional or flexible version, and a new fixed version. If you load Lightworks and are confronted with an interface that you don't recognise, go to the lobby, click on the cogs icon at the top right of the screen, and set your project layout to "Flexible".
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by jwrl.

Re: "No license available" when Lightworks worked fine for me yesterday 1 year, 5 months ago #141370

• MisticLeaf
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 5 months ago
Hi jwrl i downloaded the new version of Lightworks 14.0. But i keep getting "Lightworks editor application has stopped working" error. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling the program but still did not work.
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by MisticLeaf.

Re: "No license available" when Lightworks worked fine for me yesterday 1 year, 5 months ago #141371

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 5 months ago
Welcome to the forum.

Is this the first time you've installed Lightworks?

Re: "No license available" when Lightworks worked fine for me yesterday 1 year, 5 months ago #141554

• lukas1144
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 5 months ago
Hi, I have this trouble too. I worked in lightworks three weeks ago. I want to launch Lightworks today, but i can't, because- "no license available". I make another account, but I can't launch LIghtowrks. What's going on? Can you help me?

Re: "No license available" when Lightworks worked fine for me yesterday 1 year, 5 months ago #141557

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 5 months ago
Hello and welcome!

The answer to your question has already been posted above, please see: www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=22&id=141327&Itemid=81#141339

Download and install V14 and you will be able to activate Lightworks.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: "No license available" when Lightworks worked fine for me yesterday 1 year, 5 months ago #141558

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 5 months ago
Welcome to the forum.

It's often worth quickly reading/scanning though the earlier messages in a thread, because your query may already have been answered.

As a free user, under the conditions of use, you’re restricted to using the latest release version, which is now V 14. The latest build for your operating system is available on the download page of this site.

There are a number of changes in V14, the most noticeable being the choice of either a fixed or a flexible layout (The latter is the traditional Lightworks layout, the former is the new one). You can select these in the system settings on the top right of the project browser page.

Before attempting any serious editing please look at the video tutorials or the Quick Guide for V14 and explore the flexible layout’s new timeline for the changes (because it’s a bit different) and some aspects don’t match the older video tutorials. Also, check out the bin menu changes.. Doing this will save you time and frustration.

Note that you may have to reset appearances found in the system setting on the top right of the project browser page and the timeline menu to your personal settings.

Re: "No license available" when Lightworks worked fine for me yesterday 1 year, 5 months ago #141590

• Brotuulaan
  • Gold Boarder
  • 1 year, 5 months ago
I haven't dealt with multiple installations at once for a long time and have not uninstalled 12.6 yet. I noticed v14 installed into the Lightworks folder. Will I run into trouble trying to uninstall 12.6 later?
Primary computer - Dell Optiplex 3010:
Windows 10 x64, Intel Core i5-3470 @3.2GHz (4 cores), NVIDIA GT 430

Secondary computer - Custom Desktop:
WIndows 8.1 x64, ASUS P8z77-i Deluxe MoBo, Intel Core i7-3770k processor, Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 RAM 16GB (2 x 8GB), ASUS GTX 670 GPU, Corsair AX 650 PSU

Peripherals:
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 audio interface, Microsoft Sidewinder x6 keyboard, Logitech M500 mouse, ASUS VS229H-P monitor, Dell E207WFP monitor

Re: "No license available" when Lightworks worked fine for me yesterday 1 year, 5 months ago #141592

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 5 months ago
No, V14 has overwritten V12.6, when same installation folder has been used.

The un-istaller targets only the last installed version. If you un-install now, only V14 will be affected, no matter where V12.6 has been installed before.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: "No license available" when Lightworks worked fine for me yesterday 1 year, 5 months ago #141594

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 5 months ago
If there's only one folder, V14 will just replace V12.6 when installed on top. I've done this many times without any problem.

Re: "No license available" when Lightworks worked fine for me yesterday 1 year, 5 months ago #141598

• Brotuulaan
  • Gold Boarder
  • 1 year, 5 months ago
Thanks guys!
Primary computer - Dell Optiplex 3010:
Windows 10 x64, Intel Core i5-3470 @3.2GHz (4 cores), NVIDIA GT 430

Secondary computer - Custom Desktop:
WIndows 8.1 x64, ASUS P8z77-i Deluxe MoBo, Intel Core i7-3770k processor, Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 RAM 16GB (2 x 8GB), ASUS GTX 670 GPU, Corsair AX 650 PSU

Peripherals:
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 audio interface, Microsoft Sidewinder x6 keyboard, Logitech M500 mouse, ASUS VS229H-P monitor, Dell E207WFP monitor

Re: "No license available" when Lightworks worked fine for me yesterday 1 year, 5 months ago #141710

• MisticLeaf
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 5 months ago
first time using the forum but i started using Lightworks around v12

Re: Activating free version - "No license available" 1 year, 5 months ago #141711

• Azee77
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 5 months ago
Suddenly Observed today ( 4th April 2017 ) on version 12.6
But upgrading to 14.0.0 helped me out. Post upgrade facing no issues. Maybe Lightworks must discontinuing old versions and be promoting newer versions with new features and bug free experience.

Moderated: I moved this post here from the 30 month old thread you had revived. That thread is now locked - jwrl.
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by jwrl.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds
Scroll To Top