Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: (Solved) Exporting in Linux resulting a 24 byte 'video' file

(Solved) Exporting in Linux resulting a 24 byte 'video' file 5 years, 2 months ago #98469

• Taufiq
  • Junior Boarder
  • 5 years, 2 months ago
Dear Lightworks moderator and user

I used to edit by Lightworks in Windows but today I'm starting to try using Lightworks in Linux. (64-Bit, Free Version, 12.5 RC4)

When I export the edit, everything looks ok. The 'Tasks' show the progress of the export, and in the end of export process the 'Taks Log' dialog give me the link to the exported video.

The only problem is, instead of getting an exported video file, I only get a 24 byte 'video' file which is not playable.

Any suggestion to solve this problem? Anyone encounter this problem before? Any quick response will be really appreciated as my deadline is approaching.

p.s. attached, screenshot of Tasks progress and log, and the 24byte file.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 5 years, 2 months ago by Taufiq. Reason: Solved

Re: (Solved) Exporting in Linux resulting a 24 byte 'video' file 5 years, 2 months ago #98498

• Taufiq
  • Junior Boarder
  • 5 years, 2 months ago
The problem is solved when I free more space in Drive C. (I had a very small space in drive C). My target output is in Drive D, and I don't have any problem with Drive D, but I still need to have a spacious room in Drive C. I guess it has something to do with cache file.

Should anyone has the same problem, I hope this information is helpful.

Regards

Re: (Solved) Exporting in Linux resulting a 24 byte 'video' file 5 years, 2 months ago #98518

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 5 years, 2 months ago
Thanks for posting with your solution, Taufiq. There'll doubtless be others who will appreciate it. I've moved this thread to the Linux forum.
Last Edit: 5 years, 2 months ago by jwrl.

Re: (Solved) Exporting in Linux resulting a 24 byte 'video' file 1 month, 1 week ago #225290

Just wanted to post on this forum to say thank you, Taufiq!

I was just experiencing this exact problem yesterday on my Windows 7 PC and after reading your solution, I noticed my Drive C was also very low in storage. Once I cleared up a few GB of space and tried exporting my video again, it was exported successfully!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds
Scroll To Top