Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Export

Export 1 week, 3 days ago #222826

• nanae17
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 3 days ago
When I export a video I do not get a destination menu or a box to check/uncheck for it to upload to Youtube. Which when I do export my phone's youtube app shows all the videos on my channel that I have "Published" (the videos are locked), but when I go to my channel via web browser from my computer I do not see the videos.

I am using Lightworks free version, but other people are using the free version with the destination menu and the upload check box. Is it a linux does not have that option, but the Mac/Windows has that option?
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Export 1 week, 3 days ago #222827

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 3 days ago
Welcome to the forum.

With V2020,1, if you wish to export your hard drive you now use MP4 on the export menu, instead of going via YouTube in the export menu.

Re: Export 1 week, 3 days ago #222840

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 3 days ago
This pops up much too often and is one of those changes which don't provide any obvious benefit for the users at all. Just different doesn't mean better.

My 2 cents.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Export 1 week, 2 days ago #222857

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
nanae17 wrote:
When I export a video I do not get a destination menu or a box to check/uncheck for it to upload to Youtube.

To upload to YouTube you no longer need this check box. This functionality is automatically active in the current version 2020.1. (which does not exclude the possibility of problems when interacting with the YouTube platform).

nanae17 wrote:
.. but other people are using the free version with the destination menu and the upload check box.

These people are using an outdated version where the YouTube Export menu included Local Export to your drive.
If you want to do that, use now:

briandrys wrote:
.. With V2020,1, if you wish to export your hard drive you now use MP4 on the export menu, instead of going via YouTube in the export menu.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

This menu does not automatically upload your video to YouTube, but you could manually upload files created in this way to the YouTube platform, or use the file for other purposes.

nanae17 wrote:
.. Which when I do export my phone's youtube app shows all the videos on my channel that I have "Published" (the videos are locked), but when I go to my channel via web browser from my computer I do not see the videos.

Do you surf with your web browser on YouTube without being logged in?

I don't know which setting you have chosen for uploads on the YouTube platform and if these settings are also applied for Lightworks uploads.
Personally, I think it's good for your safety if you check your videos on YouTube after you upload them before you release them for publishing.

Personally, I always export to a local drive first, check the result, and then upload the file via the YouTube platform, so I have no experience with direct Lightworks YouTube export.
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2020.1; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)
Last Edit: 1 week, 2 days ago by schrauber.

Re: Export 1 week, 1 day ago #223002

• nanae17
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
I am logged into my youtube account when using my web browser, but I don't see the videos. I see them when I am using my android's youtube app.

It isn't necessarily that I want them uploaded to youtube. I just didn't know how to export to disk until briandrys explained. When I was searching all I could find is the older way of doing it. I know that some features of applications are not always provided on linux like they are with the other OS's and that is why I was asking just to ensure I was doing it correctly.

Re: Export 1 week, 1 day ago #223003

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
Change can be difficult - however the LW dialogue states very clearly Publish: (destination) and the button one pushes is Publish not Save or Export.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation
Last Edit: 1 week, 1 day ago by RWAV.

Re: Export 1 week, 1 day ago #223027

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
Unfortunately the latest official Quick Start Video suggests the no longer existing local export via the YouTube option (with Lightworks 14.0).

I understand that this can be confusing.
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2020.1; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)
Last Edit: 1 week, 1 day ago by schrauber.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds
Scroll To Top