Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Boris FX Graffiti Linux support in 2020?

Boris FX Graffiti Linux support in 2020? 4 weeks, 1 day ago #220217

• dorian-ds
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 weeks, 1 day ago
Hello, I'm new to the forum and I've been slowly transitioning from Kdenlive to Lightworks.

I'm about to pull the trigger on buying, but I'm considering getting the Year License to take advantage of getting Boris FX as well.

I did poke around the forum and saw some old posts about support for this, but I also can't find anything on the product pages that specifically state if Graffiti is supported in Linux or not. Is it just a plugin or a separate application? Does it work now?

The only reason I would not consider the year license is if Boris is not supported because I'm not quite 100% committed to Lightworks yet and want to do a few full videos on a monthly first. But if I can try out Graffiti then it might be worth the yearly.

I'm using Debian Buster but I also run Fedora and Arch so I can install it in either distro.

Thanks!
-Dorian

Re: Boris FX Graffiti Linux support in 2020? 4 weeks, 1 day ago #220222

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 weeks, 1 day ago
Welcome to the Forum.

I have no experience with Boris and the pro features, but in the forum I always read that the Boris packages only work on Windows operating systems.

Apart from that, note the announcement ...

Quotation from the announcements:
The Boris FX agreement is slowly being phased out. The Lightworks Pro Year license now only comes with Boris Graffiti included, there is no longer any ability to select the Boris FX package. Over the coming months we will be slowly ending the promotion altogether, which means Lightworks Pro licenses will no longer include the Boris packages. This is due to the older FX architecture that requires an overhaul. We hope to include OpenFX in a future version allowing for much better partnerships with FX companies.

Do you know the many effects that we users have developed privately? (free, and works with all licenses)
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2020.1; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)
Last Edit: 4 weeks, 1 day ago by schrauber.

Re: Boris FX Graffiti Linux support in 2020? 4 weeks, 1 day ago #220223

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 4 weeks, 1 day ago
Since you are a Linux user you need to know that Boris have never ported their effects to Linux. Unfortunately not even Graffiti is available to Linux users.
Last Edit: 4 weeks, 1 day ago by jwrl.

Re: Boris FX Graffiti Linux support in 2020? 4 weeks, 1 day ago #220224

• dorian-ds
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 weeks, 1 day ago
Thanks to you both. Graffiti was the only one I was really interested in.

The privately made FX are pretty amazing to be honest! I've already downloaded a couple dozen

I guess I'll stick to the monthly license.

While I would really like to stick with something open-source like Kdenlive, the appeal of Lightworks' features, power and performance are likely going to make me switch over.

I'm loving it so far apart from the odd sound issue. Thanks again!

Re: Boris FX Graffiti Linux support in 2020? 3 weeks, 5 days ago #220502

• arniepix
    Pro User
  • 3 weeks, 5 days ago
It's also worth pointing out that Graffiti is a legacy product that's no longer maintained. It's been replaced by Title Studio in Boris' Continuum product line, which is not available for Linux.
I work in Manhattan, USA, but at night I cross the waters to sleep in Brooklyn, USA.

Also, post production is not an afterthought!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds
Scroll To Top