Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sound Linux pulseaudio problem

Sound Linux pulseaudio problem 4 weeks, 1 day ago #220281

• dorian-ds
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 weeks, 1 day ago
A reboot seems to have fixed it for me while keeping the settings at 'OutputDeviceName=sysdefault'

I can now play audio everywhere fine, and I no longer get the brief loud white noise when I start up Lightworks. Solved two problems at once!

I did not reboot before because it's very rare that I ever reboot unless I get kernel updates... Cheers.

Re: Sound Linux pulseaudio problem 4 weeks, 1 day ago #220285

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 4 weeks, 1 day ago
Diemati wrote:
is there a way to changed in the topic?

I've already done it for you. In future if you need to do it again, you just edit your first post and change the title.

Re: Sound Linux pulseaudio problem 4 weeks, 1 day ago #220288

• Diemati
  • Edu User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 4 weeks, 1 day ago
thanks for changing the topic. I checked the log and Lightworks is using ALSA that is why no pulseaudio application can access to the sound hardware. So must be my system I guess. The weird thing is that 14.6 worked just fine.
Dell G5 Intel® Core™ i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz × 12, 8G RAM, GeForce GTX 1060 with Max-Q Design/PCIe/SSE2 6G VRAM, Fedora 30

Lightworks 2020.1

Re: Sound Linux pulseaudio problem 4 weeks ago #220295

• kalimerox
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 weeks ago
the buzz sound and some audio connection weirdness seem to be new features on linux.

Re: Sound Linux pulseaudio problem 4 weeks ago #220305

kalimerox wrote:
got the same buzz here...

did you check to which audio device you connect? lightworks can connect to alsa, pulseaudio , jack, etc...

Would you share how to set up jack for Lightworks? Can it work with a Jack patch field app? If you could start a new thread for this I would be grateful. Having trouble getting it to work running ASIO for ALL drivers.
Razz

Digital Bolex 2k Cinema DNG raw camera
Canon GL2 DV camcorder
iPAD Mini 3 Iographer rig

Workstation: Intel i7-4770k, Asrock Z87 Thunderbolt 2 MB, 16GB 1866 DDR3 ram,
2TB Seagate Hybrid system drive, 2TB Seagate NAS media drive, E-sata III hot swap drive bay, Nvidia GTX760 2GB GPU
Lightworks kybrd. Shuttlepro v2
Win10 Pro 64bit, Lightworks 14.0 64bit

Mobile Workstation: MSI GTX72 Dominator
Intel i7-6700HQ 2.7GHz Win10 64bit
16GB DDR4 ram, 500GB M.2 SSD
Nvidia GTX970 3GB GPU
USB3, USB3.1-C, Thunderbolt 3 ports
Shuttlepro2 Win10 64bit LW 14.0 64 bit

Re: Sound Linux pulseaudio problem 4 weeks ago #220313

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 weeks ago
I made some tests, 2years ago on Windows 7, with ASIO4All and another ASIO driver. Based on that, I would think that Lightworks isn't prepared to work with any kind of low latency driver, ASIO included. It needs an audio device with highly relaxed buffering characteristics for stable operations Furthermore, rewiring the ASIO drivers to the default Windows sound device, which is what Lightworks needs, caused all sorts of trouble with other applications. I didn't use Jack, but VB-Audio Hi-Fi Cable, though.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Sound Linux pulseaudio problem 4 weeks ago #220361

ASIO4ALL works fine under Win 10 for all the apps I use that require it as well as my Shure preamp and Black Magic Intensity Pro.
Specifically I'm trying to connect Lightworks to Harrison Mixbus for audio sweetening.
Razz

Digital Bolex 2k Cinema DNG raw camera
Canon GL2 DV camcorder
iPAD Mini 3 Iographer rig

Workstation: Intel i7-4770k, Asrock Z87 Thunderbolt 2 MB, 16GB 1866 DDR3 ram,
2TB Seagate Hybrid system drive, 2TB Seagate NAS media drive, E-sata III hot swap drive bay, Nvidia GTX760 2GB GPU
Lightworks kybrd. Shuttlepro v2
Win10 Pro 64bit, Lightworks 14.0 64bit

Mobile Workstation: MSI GTX72 Dominator
Intel i7-6700HQ 2.7GHz Win10 64bit
16GB DDR4 ram, 500GB M.2 SSD
Nvidia GTX970 3GB GPU
USB3, USB3.1-C, Thunderbolt 3 ports
Shuttlepro2 Win10 64bit LW 14.0 64 bit
Last Edit: 4 weeks ago by David Rasberry.

Re: Sound Linux pulseaudio problem 2 weeks, 6 days ago #220816

• kalimerox
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 6 days ago
@David Rasberry

sorry for the late answer,

I use jack on linux to route all my audio through. So with cadence I route sources that connect to pulseaudio or alsa into jack and use jack to output everything to the sound card.

I use Harrison Mixbus as well for audio editing, but I do not run them together connected. I export from lightworks (aaf or stems for example) and import into Mixbus (with aatranslator software for converting aaf to ardour file format, there are other ways too... )

This is the best way of roundtripping i found.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds
Scroll To Top