Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lightworks periodically crashes when making the proxy for 4k video

Re: Lightworks periodically crashes when making the proxy for 4k video 4 months ago #203348

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months ago
You can create external proxies, that's what the whole editing world did, before the internal proxies have been invented (and the major professional part of it still does).

You can't use the mechanism for switching internal proxies, because Lightworks generates unique file names when creating proxies.

There are two methods for switching proxies with originals/intermediates, either the function "Find clips to fill sequence" or switching the files on OS level with Lightworks shut down (same location, same name, same extension - it's basically renaming folders). If you are not familiar with the first method, I'd suggest using the latter.

I wouldn't use h.264 for external proxies, MPEG2-Intra instead, which encodes comparably fast and provides very high editing performance (and looks better). Something like this:

ffmpeg -i "<filename>" -vf scale=-1:720 -c:v mpeg2video -q:v 5 -qmin 4  -intra -c:a mp2 -ar 48000 -ab 384k -y  "<Some Subdirectory>/<filename>".mp4
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 4 months ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds
Scroll To Top