• Page:

TOPIC: Mint 19.1 issues anyone?

Re: Mint 19.1 issues anyone? 1 month, 3 weeks ago #198004

• kalimerox
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 3 weeks ago
ok thanks i hang in there..

thing is as i work mostly on sound jack is crucial for me and i can´t avoid ... but maybe then keeping it routed through pulseaudio or something else is the most stable way...

Re: Mint 19.1 issues anyone? 1 month, 3 weeks ago #198315

• gr00by
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 3 weeks ago
Hi, Kalimerox.

I have installed jack2-dbus, pulseaudio-jack and jack-select (pkg names for Arch/Manjaro). The latter is for quick toggling JACK server.

My GlobalSettings.txt file contains:
[PortAudio]                                                   
OutputDeviceName=jack

This all gives me possibility to start JACK easily, because it makes and toggles JACK sink in PulseAudio automatically. Unfortunately, I cannot use non-jack audio tools simultaneously. Stopping JACK server is not a way to go, because LWKS can't reconnect to the server and just hangs.

Replying to your question: you should create GlobalSettings.txt in your user's home directory, withing a Lightworks directory, i.e. /home/<username>/Lightworks/GlobalSettings.txt

To obtain name of the audio device, you should start JACK then Lightworks, and check /home/<username>/Lightworks/Logs/error.log for audio related entries. There will be numbers and names of audio devices. OutputDeviceName was introduced as a workaround for a frequent and uncontrollable changes of device numbers (this is related to the OS, I think).

Hope it helps.

Marcin
Canon C100 -- Manjaro Linux User
Last Edit: 1 month, 3 weeks ago by gr00by.

Re: Mint 19.1 issues anyone? 3 weeks, 4 days ago #200346

• kalimerox
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 weeks, 4 days ago
just to confirm on this older thread:

or suggestion adding:

[PortAudio]
OutputDeviceIndex=X

worked well with (in my case) X=12 on laptop and X= 21 for desktop for the jack audio connection kit.

Re: Mint 19.1 issues anyone? 3 weeks, 2 days ago #200457

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 weeks, 2 days ago
Your log above shows jack as device 21

--------------------------------------- device #21
Name                        = jack
Host API                    = ALSA

As a matter of interest, does it work, on this system, with
OutputDeviceIndex=21
But not with
OutputDeviceName=jack
?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Mint 19.1 issues anyone? 3 weeks ago #200535

Just posting to say I've been watching the threads in this forum about the memory leak issue, as it was the only reason I was needing to regularly boot into Windows 10, and the 14.6 beta is running perfectly for me in Mint 19.1 MATE with 8GB of RAM now. Thanks for all the hard work!

Re: Mint 19.1 issues anyone? 3 weeks ago #200545

• fishmonger
    Pro User
  • 3 weeks ago
Great to hear, thanks for the feedback!
f

MinorPositive wrote:
Just posting to say I've been watching the threads in this forum about the memory leak issue, as it was the only reason I was needing to regularly boot into Windows 10, and the 14.6 beta is running perfectly for me in Mint 19.1 MATE with 8GB of RAM now. Thanks for all the hard work!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds
Scroll To Top