Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: OpenSuse: Playback not working

OpenSuse: Playback not working 9 months ago #164738

• anachrodave
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 9 months ago
Moderated: This post was originally attached to an older thread related to a Windows installation that failed because of corrupted Windows files, possibly as a result of user intervention in the audio subsystem causing corruption of DirectX. It is unlikely that any answer given there will be appropriate, so I have moved this to its own thread in a more appropriate forum. You're more likely to get the help that you need here anachrodave - jwrl.

Just for everyone's edification, this is not a Windows exclusive problem. I am running OpenSuse Linux (Leap 42.2), and what the original poster listed above is exactly what is happening to me. I had to do a clean re-install of OpenSuse Linux this spring due to corrupted OS files and upgraded to Leap 42.2 from 13.1 at that time. Because I had to wipe my OS drive, I needed to reinstall Lightworks and was pushed into installing 14.0 (I don't know if I can find any install files for previous versions of Lightworks, local or online, at this point). I went in today for the first time since reinstall to do a simple, one-shot split-screen project for my daughter and playback is non-existant: hit playback button, get the swirling "thinking about it/buffering" cursor and nothing. Tried switching to proxies because the footage was AVCHD from my Panasonic camcorders and the same crap happens. My rig is definitely powerful enough to handle Lightworks, as I edited two entire feature-length, multicamera performances videos using AVCHD footage WITHOUT proxies when I was using OpenSuse 13.1 and Lightworks 12.6 weeks before my OS meltdown with no computer performance issues whatsoever. Any insight for how to clean out the Lightworks dreck on OpenSuse Linux like other posters suggested for Windows users?
Last Edit: 9 months ago by jwrl.

Re: OpenSuse: Playback not working 8 months, 1 week ago #166275

• anarchist912
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 8 months, 1 week ago
Hi. I'm having the same problem here.

It's a fresh install on a fresh OpenSUSE 42.3 Leap. Proprietary nvidia drivers running.
In order to make it run at all, I had to do the following:
ln -s /lib64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0 /usr/lib64/libcrypto.so.10

But now I'm stuck with the same problem that anachrodave described.

When I run it from the terminal it echos:
/usr/lib/lightworks/ntcardvt: /usr/lib64/libcrypto.so.10: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/lightworks/libOSPrivate.so)

It would make sense that this error message has to do with the playback not working, as libcrypto.so.10 is for the codec as far as I know.

Any idea?
Last Edit: 8 months, 1 week ago by anarchist912. Reason: formatting

Re: OpenSuse: Playback not working 8 months, 1 week ago #166280

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 8 months, 1 week ago
Hello and welcome!

Please install most recent V14.1 beta release from Download above and see if it fixes the issue.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 8 months, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: OpenSuse: Playback not working 8 months, 1 week ago #166295

• anarchist912
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 8 months, 1 week ago
Hi hugly!
Thanks. That worked.

ln -s /lib64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0 /usr/lib64/libcrypto.so.10
is still necessary though.

Re: OpenSuse: Playback not working 8 months, 1 week ago #166298

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 8 months, 1 week ago
If this link is still needed on OpenSuse, do you know who is wrong, Lightworks or OpenSUse?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: OpenSuse: Playback not working 6 months, 3 weeks ago #170260

Excelente!! funciona
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds
Scroll To Top