Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Lightworks crashes when open my project

Re: [SOLVED] Lightworks crashes when open my project 1 year, 11 months ago #187228

• Nzacharias
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 11 months ago
Hi, I have the same problem except opening a flexible room didn't help.

Re: [SOLVED] Lightworks crashes when open my project 1 year, 11 months ago #187231

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 11 months ago
Hello,

That's a pretty old discussion referring to outdated Lightworks V14.0 and, it's Lightworks on Linux.

Please install most recent Lightworks V14.5 and see if it fixes the problem.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: [SOLVED] Lightworks crashes when open my project 1 year, 11 months ago #187249

• Nzacharias
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 11 months ago
Yes that fixed it. Thank you. Is there any error like this that could occur in the current version that I should be aware of?

Re: [SOLVED] Lightworks crashes when open my project 1 year, 11 months ago #187253

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 11 months ago
With V14.0, mainly on Windows, it can happen that an initial crash at the wrong moment causes corruption of certain project metadata. V14.5 has self healing mechanisms to recover from such incidents. It seems to me as if all known issue of that kind are covered and operations are stable now.

However, it's alway a good idea to make backups of your projects on a regular basis, not only to restore after a crash, but also to preserve certain states of your project or to prevent data loss caused by computer damage.

The backup system of Lightworks is very flexible. How to configure and organize those backups depends on your personal data management, but I'd suggest starting with a project backup of metadata only. To do that, select "Project.Details.Make backup", uncheck the boxes to include media, select "If archive exists" "Create new" and specify "Folder".
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds
Scroll To Top