Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: BUG? need help with quality of videos from hypercam

BUG? need help with quality of videos from hypercam 4 years, 7 months ago #86628

• Ellx
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 years, 7 months ago
Plus the audio doesn't sync up well.

Anyone else have this problem with hypercam footage in lightworks?

is there a solution?

If you have an answer please do it in video form explaining and showing how to fix.

Thank you
Last Edit: 4 years, 7 months ago by Site Admin.

Re: BUG? need help of quaility of videos from hypercam 4 years, 7 months ago #86633

• Ellx
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 years, 7 months ago
IT IS NOT A PROBLEM WITH THE VIDEO RECORDER ! IT IS FINE WHEN IT PLAYS THROUGH THE WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER ! IT IS LIGHTWORKS.. PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS

Re: BUG? need help of quaility of videos from hypercam 4 years, 7 months ago #86635

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 years, 7 months ago
Ellx wrote:
IT IS NOT A PROBLEM WITH THE VIDEO RECORDER ! IT IS FINE WHEN IT PLAYS THROUGH THE WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER ! IT IS LIGHTWORKS.. PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS
Yes, it plays but it is not editable by Lightworks. Lightworks is geared to the professional user. As such, the material imported is expected to comply with professional video standards. What that usually means, with respect to screen capture media, is that long GOP should be transcoded to an intermediate format, resolution should be at industry standard, and the frame rate needs to be constant.
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2

Re: BUG? need help of quaility of videos from hypercam 4 years, 7 months ago #86637

• David Rasberry
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 years, 7 months ago
As Donkpow says, Lightworks thrives on footage that conforms to broadcast or digital cinema standards for format, resolution,and constant frame rates. High end high bit rate discrete frame codecs like Prores, DNXHD.
Screen cap software for video games can generate some pretty nasty non-standard video.
Razz

Digital Bolex 2k Cinema DNG raw camera
Canon GL2 DV camcorder
iPAD Mini 3 Iographer rig

Workstation: Intel i7-4770k, Asrock Z87 Thunderbolt 2 MB, 16GB 1866 DDR3 ram,
2TB Seagate Hybrid system drive, 2TB Seagate NAS media drive, E-sata III hot swap drive bay, Nvidia GTX760 2GB GPU
Lightworks kybrd. Shuttlepro v2
Win10 Pro 64bit, Lightworks 14.0 64bit

Mobile Workstation: MSI GTX72 Dominator
Intel i7-6700HQ 2.7GHz Win10 64bit
16GB DDR4 ram, 500GB M.2 SSD
Nvidia GTX970 3GB GPU
USB3, USB3.1-C, Thunderbolt 3 ports
Shuttlepro2 Win10 64bit LW 14.0 64 bit
Last Edit: 4 years, 7 months ago by Site Admin.

Re: BUG? need help of quaility of videos from hypercam 4 years, 7 months ago #86647

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 4 years, 7 months ago
Please post a MediaInfo analysis of your source material - without that people are only wasting time in guesswork. There is no need to SHOUT.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: BUG? need help of quaility of videos from hypercam 4 years, 7 months ago #86823

• Ellx
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 years, 7 months ago
ok,

Thank you for all your replys.

Do you think lightworks could increase the range of FPS and other things in auto so that screen capture with recorded voice works with it.

I think lightworks is amazing and want to edit my gameplay with it. But I can't.

NEED HELP - hypercam footage in lwks is so bad 4 years, 7 months ago #86825

• Ellx
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 years, 7 months ago
Merged with this thread. Please don't start multiple threads on the same topic.

Do you think lightworks could increase the range of FPS and other things in auto so that screen capture with recorded voice works with it.

I think lightworks is amazing and want to edit my gameplay with it. But I can't.

The audio doesn't sync up and the quality of the video decreases alot

Anyone else have this problem with hypercam footage in lightworks?

is there a solution?

If you have an answer please do it in video form explaining and showing how to fix.
Last Edit: 4 years, 7 months ago by jwrl.

Re: BUG? need help of quaility of videos from hypercam 4 years, 7 months ago #86827

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 years, 7 months ago
Only Lightworks developers know the answer to that, there is certainly consumer demand for the capability. Integrated screen capture features are to be available in the future.
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2

Re: NEED HELP - hypercam footage in lwks is so bad 4 years, 7 months ago #86829

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 4 years, 7 months ago
Merged from second thread on the same topic.

Have you tried using Eyeframe? eyeframeconverter.wordpress.com/

Here's a video about using it:

Re: NEED HELP - hypercam footage in lwks is so bad 4 years, 7 months ago #86832

• mediaDS
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 years, 7 months ago
Merged from second thread on the same topic.

Ellx,

why do you open up a second thread about the same issue ?

People already told you to post a Mediainfo report - but untill now you did not even provide a bit of information. How are we supposed to help you then ?

Again: Please post a Mediainfo report (above - Download - Tools)

Lightworks works best with industry standard videos. If your Hypercam software produces invalid videos then it's not the fault of LW. You should ask the developers of Hypercam to fix that bug (I'd call it a bug).

In the meantime you could just transcode your footage with Eyeframe Converter as mentioned by briandrys and others.
Windows 10 Pro • Asus Z170 Mainboard • Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake, 4 x 4.20 Ghz • 32 GB DDR4 Memory • Noctua Cooling system • Nvidia GeForce GTX1060 6GB DDR5 • Blackmagic Intensity Pro • Samsung SSD 840 500 GB (Data) and 250 GB (System) • 30 TB Asustor NAS (Media) • LG 34UB67 21:9 Ultra-Wide Display 34" @ 2560x1080 • Logitech Bluetooth K810 and M557 • Wacom Intuous Wireless Graphic Tablet • Contour ShuttleXpress • APC Back-UPS 1400VA

Re: BUG? need help of quaility of videos from hypercam 4 years, 7 months ago #86834

• David Rasberry
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 years, 7 months ago
Ellx wrote:
ok,

Thank you for all your replys.

Lightworks supports multiple frame rates, just not variable frame rates in the same video clip. This is a feature of computer graphic game play that doesn't exist in the world of video and film production. Video runs at specific standardized constant frame rates. Established broadcast and streaming video standards would have to change. I don't see that happening. Screen cap programs that record game play at constant standard frame rates of 24,25,30,48, or 60 fps in compliance with standards are what you need for editing. This is true of all professional grade NLE programs like Lightworks. None support variable frame rate video.
Razz

Digital Bolex 2k Cinema DNG raw camera
Canon GL2 DV camcorder
iPAD Mini 3 Iographer rig

Workstation: Intel i7-4770k, Asrock Z87 Thunderbolt 2 MB, 16GB 1866 DDR3 ram,
2TB Seagate Hybrid system drive, 2TB Seagate NAS media drive, E-sata III hot swap drive bay, Nvidia GTX760 2GB GPU
Lightworks kybrd. Shuttlepro v2
Win10 Pro 64bit, Lightworks 14.0 64bit

Mobile Workstation: MSI GTX72 Dominator
Intel i7-6700HQ 2.7GHz Win10 64bit
16GB DDR4 ram, 500GB M.2 SSD
Nvidia GTX970 3GB GPU
USB3, USB3.1-C, Thunderbolt 3 ports
Shuttlepro2 Win10 64bit LW 14.0 64 bit

Re: BUG? need help of quaility of videos from hypercam 4 years, 7 months ago #86835

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 years, 7 months ago
Professional screen capture is hardware based rather than software based.
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2

Re: BUG? need help of quaility of videos from hypercam 4 years, 7 months ago #86850

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 4 years, 7 months ago
Please see the attached - perhaps if you were to spend the time to configure your HyperCam output to suit LW all might be well for you.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: BUG? need help of quaility of videos from hypercam 4 years, 7 months ago #86851

• AndrewGuo
  • Senior Boarder
  • 4 years, 7 months ago
I can import OBS(obsproject.com/) captured video file in LW.
Just make sure the CFR is check in Settings > Advanced tab. The default settings in OBS is CFR now.

Re: BUG? need help of quaility of videos from hypercam 4 years, 7 months ago #86852

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 years, 7 months ago
AndrewGuo wrote:
I can import OBS(obsproject.com/) captured video file in LW.
Just make sure the CFR is check in Settings > Advanced tab. The default settings in OBS is CFR now.

This may not work for all users in all situations. Some users report the variable frame rate problem even when the CFR setting is applied.
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds
Scroll To Top