Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Black screen all of sudden - even after being editing for a while

[SOLVED] Black screen all of sudden - even after being editing for a while 2 weeks, 2 days ago #228560

• lesanner
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Hi,

I am new in Lightworks. I just did a bunch of videoes - and now all of sudden five of them are showing just a black screen instead of the video and the audio (check attatched picture -
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
).
Even though the pictures in the beginning are still there and the background music too.

I have been editing in the movies for a couple of weeks and this only started now. It's a 25 fps frame rate if that matters for helping me - I'm not sure what that means

I hope you guys can help me to get my videos back. Thank you!
Last Edit: 2 weeks, 2 days ago by lesanner.

Re: Black screen all of sudden - even after being editing for a while 2 weeks, 2 days ago #228571

• schrauber
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Welcome to the forum.

The grey color of the segments in the timeline shows that "1. Talent - god" is offline (Lightworks has no access to the file you imported.
If you have removed the drive where this file is, please reconnect the drive (and restart Lightworks if necessary).
If this file is on an SD card or similar, which may be slow or not connected to the computer all the time, then we should talk about the "Relink" feature afterwards.

If you have deleted the imported file from the from the folder from which you imported the file, but still have it in another location, please copy it back to the directory you imported it from and make sure Lightworks has access to it (and restart Lightworks if necessary)
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2020.1.1 & Beta 2021.x; || Windows 10 Home 1909, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)
Last Edit: 2 weeks, 2 days ago by schrauber.

Re: Black screen all of sudden - even after being editing for a while 2 weeks, 2 days ago #228572

• lesanner
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Thank you, I will try that right away! But how do I know which folder the video were originally in and thereby where I should put them back? Is that visible somewhere in Lightworks?

Re: Black screen all of sudden - even after being editing for a while 2 weeks, 2 days ago #228573

• lesanner
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 2 days ago
I copied them into all of the folders I thought it could be and it worked - thank you! Saved my day

Re: Black screen all of sudden - even after being editing for a while 2 weeks, 2 days ago #228574

• schrauber
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Okay, good.

lesanner wrote:
.. Is that visible somewhere in Lightworks?

Yes, but I don't know if you are still interested in such details after solving your problem.
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2020.1.1 & Beta 2021.x; || Windows 10 Home 1909, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds
Scroll To Top