Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Choppy imported clips from OBS

Choppy imported clips from OBS 1 year, 4 months ago #182444

• everloved
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 4 months ago
I do not know a lick of video editing jargon and am just doing a project for a 2 minute video. I recorded a game using OBS and when I import it into my project the clip freezes every couple of seconds. What do I do? Please try to avoid jargon, I don't know jack shit about encoders and whatever. Thanks for whatever help in advance.

I should mention; the clip was originally stored on an HDD and moved to an SSD. It made no difference. The clip is about 15 minutes long but I only need a fraction of it. Once I imported it, the other clip I recorded of my face on a webcam was fine but started to do the same thing, choppy. The footage is a .mp4. The first time I imported something it was green and worked fine. The videos after have been red and led to the choppiness problem. I made a new prject and imported the files to see if that would work but it didn't and now BOTH clips are red.
Last Edit: 1 year, 4 months ago by everloved.

Re: Choppy imported clips from OBS 1 year, 4 months ago #182446

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 4 months ago
Hello,

More information is needed to understand the nature of your problem.

Please post your computer details (OS/version, CPU, RAM, GPU,HDD) and Mediainfo report of the footage: Here you'll find information on How to create and post Mediainfo reports.

What frame rate did you selected when creating the project you're working on. Hover with the mouse over tile in project browser (the start screen) to reveal frame rate of the projects (alternatively from within the project, from project panel, "Project.Deltails.Frame rate").
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds
Scroll To Top