Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Audio out of sync

Re: Audio out of sync 3 months, 1 week ago #176461

• megnagaming
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Also confirming the beta fixes this for me as well!

Re: Audio out of sync 2 months, 2 weeks ago #178077

• LiteSaber
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
I just installed Lightworks 14.0.0 for the first time today, created a new project (with files that seem to have slightly variable frame rates) and imported files that play fine in the Windows Move and TV app are seriously out of sync. I should add that when first imported, they play back at about twice the proper rate (both video and audio). But once I adjust the speed to 50 percent, they sound fine, but are out of sync. I can't tell if they are out of sync when first imported, because the speed is too fast to tell.

Re: Audio out of sync 2 months, 2 weeks ago #178083

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Hello and welcome!

You've most likely encountered a known issue with 60 fps footage in mixed rates (or 24 fps) projects (the speedup). Furthermore it could be that the sync issue is caused by your footage being recorded in variable frame rate mode which isn't supported with V14.0 properly.

As you maybe have (or maybe have not) read in the posts above, there's a fair chance to get both problems fixed with Lightworks V14.5. You'll find most recent V14.5 beta under Downloads on top of this page. Install it, create a new project, import your media and see what happens.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 months, 2 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: Audio out of sync 2 months, 2 weeks ago #178093

• LiteSaber
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Thanks for that; unfortunately, I miswrote - I installed the 14.5.0.0 beta in the first place, not the 14.0.0 as I originally reported. I am looking at third party software to convert from variable frame rate to constant frame rate now. I'll just batch convert my raw input files and then hopefully the problem syncing video with audio within Lightworks will be solved.

Re: Audio out of sync 2 months, 2 weeks ago #178094

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Have you tried setting up a 60 fps project and importing into that with VFR correction applied? You shouldn't need any extra software. Click on the project title at the top left corner of the screen, and from the drop down menu that appears select "Video > Output". Make sure that "Apply VFR Correction" is set to "Yes".

Then import your media.
Last Edit: 2 months, 2 weeks ago by jwrl.

Re: Audio out of sync 2 months, 2 weeks ago #178107

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
LiteSaber wrote:
I installed the 14.5.0.0 beta in the first place, not the 14.0.0 as I originally reported.

Oops! Then, my assumption about possible causes is most likely wrong. Converting the footage prior to import should be the right way to correct, but depending on the nature of your footage, specific software and settings might be needed.

In order to give you some meaningful advice on software and settings, would you mind positing a Mediainfo report of your original footage together with some information how it's been captured/recorded? Here you'll find information on how to create and post mediainfo: www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=23&id=66072&Itemid=81
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 months, 2 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: Audio out of sync 2 months, 1 week ago #178537

• LiteSaber
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months, 1 week ago
I was able to resolve my problem by using EyeFrame Converter 1.8.1. This is a free, open source, program, although, according to the site from which I downloaded it, it is no longer being maintained by its developer.

However, it was specifically designed to convert variable frame video for input to Lightworks, and it worked perfectly for me. I downloaded the final released version (1.8.1) here:

eyeframeconverter.wordpress.com/download/

Within that program, after adding all files to be converted, I marked all files and then used the Edit menu to change the frame rate of them all to 30 fps. It kind of looks like you are changing the input files, but in fact this change affects the output files only. I then performed the convert, and all resulting files imported very nicely into Lightworks, and there was no problem with the synchronization of audio to the video.

FYI, the original video was cell phone video taken some time ago on my old Galaxy S4 phone, which produces variable frame rate MP4 files at an average rate of about 16.65 FPS.
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds
Scroll To Top