Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Audio out of sync

Re: Audio out of sync 7 months, 4 weeks ago #157439

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 7 months, 4 weeks ago
3rd party solutions are pretty common with professional NLEs, most of which are more expensive than Lightworks.
Last Edit: 7 months, 4 weeks ago by briandrys.

Re: Audio out of sync 7 months, 4 weeks ago #157446

Well that doesn't mean its right of course. It was fit for purpose before the update and now its not.

I don't however agree that you should have to use 3rd party tools to supplement the performance of what is supposed to be a professional product.

Re: Audio out of sync 7 months, 4 weeks ago #157473

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 7 months, 4 weeks ago
Honestly, with the countless video and audio formats spread all over the market nowadays, it's a good idea to conform your media prior to import with any kind of NLE, or to use devices which create editable media out of the box.

Adobe suggests Media Encoder to conform media prior to import. Most users on this forum prefer suggesting Eyeframe Converter or other free software.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Audio out of sync 7 months, 4 weeks ago #157493

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 7 months, 4 weeks ago
swordfishradio wrote:
Well that doesn't mean its right of course. It was fit for purpose before the update and now its not.

Unfortunately, we know nothing about the issue that has arisen with your footage on V14, since we don't have the technical details of your media.

Re: Audio out of sync 7 months, 3 weeks ago #157553

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 7 months, 3 weeks ago
There are number of third party programs that editors use when preparing media:

jonnyelwyn.co.uk/film-and-video-editing/5-essential-editing-apps-for-a-film-editors-toolkit/

Re: Audio out of sync 4 months, 1 week ago #166410

• megnagaming
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
Just chiming into the conversation - same issue. No problems with the previous version of Lightworks and now my audio is out of sync with my video on imports. I seem to get better results on importing by having framerate for the project set to auto and choosing "Create Link" as the way to import. Transcode and Copy Local both give me desync issues.
Last Edit: 4 months, 1 week ago by megnagaming.

Re: Audio out of sync 4 months, 1 week ago #166412

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
Hello and welcome!

That sounds unknown to me.

What version of Lightworks do you run, on which operatings system?
Last Edit: 4 months, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: Audio out of sync 4 months, 1 week ago #166426

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
megnagaming wrote:
No problems with the previous version of Lightworks and now my audio is out of sync with my video on imports.

If this relates to a beta version please post this in the appropriate beta forum. Otherwise it's unlikely to get fixed.

Re: Audio out of sync 4 months, 1 week ago #166439

• megnagaming
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
Nope, not a beta. 14.0 just like the OP, running on Windows 10.

Re: Audio out of sync 4 months, 1 week ago #166440

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
V14.0 is close to end of life, what older versions do you mean.

Do you edit on a regular basis?

Did the problem start recently, a few day ago?

Re: Audio out of sync 4 months, 1 week ago #166441

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
In that case, please follow the directions in this sticky, so that users can see the technical details of your video.

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=23&id=66072&Itemid=81

Re: Audio out of sync 3 months, 2 weeks ago #168998

• paula_jacoby
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 months, 2 weeks ago
Same problem, and only 48hrs to finish my project. I am even a Pro-user, which makes it even more annoying, having paid for a product with which I cannot work now.
Where do I get this v.12.6 from? I definitely need a very quick-fix for my problem

Re: Audio out of sync 3 months, 2 weeks ago #169059

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 2 weeks ago
Hello and welcome!

Sync issue between picture and sound can have multiple causes. To understand the nature of your problem more information is needed.

Please post your computer details (OS version, CPU, RAM, GPU, size manufacturer/model of hard drive(s) used for media) and a Mediainfo report of the footage you use. Here you'll find directions: www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=23&id=66072&Itemid=81

Please describe precisely what kind of sync issues do you encounter? Is sound compared to picture too early or to late? Is sound shifted by a constant amount or does it drift in one direction? Is it possibly sometimes too early, sometimes too late and sometime correct? Is the issue recognizable only in preview when editing or also when playing an exported file (not the source) with media player?
Last Edit: 3 months, 2 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: Audio out of sync 2 months, 2 weeks ago #170931

• RJTmedia
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
I've got audio sync issues too, on 14.1.0.0, now on two projects.

Having had audio sync issues in the past, I now ALWAYS run ALL video through EyeFrame before importing.

First project; five interview videos. All had embedded audio recorded on the same device as the video, a Canon C200. For all but one of these videos, the camera audio was usable. No sync problems with these.

However, the odd-video-out, which needed audio synced from a recording from an external mic, would slide miles out of sync when I added the audio track. Impossible to edit with, but I'd come to far to start again on another system. In the end I had to keep rendering and re-rendering and guessing how many frames out it was before adjusting and re-rendering, watching, adjusting, re-rendering... Horrible.

Two key observations:

1. On the odd-video-out, during the edit I audio-synced the external audio with the camera audio tracks. The camera audio stayed constantly "stuck" to the video. Yet after rendering, the external audio was still out of sync.

(Now, I know what you're thinking, but I tried that: EyeFrame will not let you run audio-only files through it.)

2. All videos had music added to them. Adding extra music audio tracks did not throw out the voice sync of the videos with in-camera audio. I even managed to get the video cuts to sync happily with the music.

The only problem was when I added an external voice track to one video. Then, in the edit, the audio couldn't keep up with the picture.

Second project, some simple, stupid (vertical) phone videos that a client wants me to jam together. All 30fps, run through EyeFrame (30fps, H264 MP4 Profile High) and imported to Lightworks. No external audio tracks. Should have been done and sent over quicker than writing this post. (It still isn't.)

Everything was fine in the logging stage. But as soon as I went into edit and added the first video / audio to the timeline, it all went wrong. A couple of (previously fine) imported videos failed to appear in their placeholders in the Contents, displaying just black instead. I closed and reopened Lightworks and returned to the timeline and - pow - now ALL the audio is miles out of sync.

I'm a generally patient chap. But I am compelled to echo some of the less patient views in this thread: This really feels much less like working with a "Hollywood standard" editor and more like v0.1.1 of something I've unearthed on GitHub.

I've been using Lightworks for years and am (currently) a paid-up user. But please excuse me while I take the time to get familiar with DaVinci Resolve.

Re: Audio out of sync 2 months, 2 weeks ago #170935

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Hi,

V14.0 has some know issues related to the audio engine and syncing externally recorded sound to picture. The "big bugs" (some related to AVC/AAC.mp4) have been fixed with V14.1.

I believe it's possible to sort out all your problems, one by one, if you wish to do that - possibly not for all existing, but most likely for all following projects.
Last Edit: 2 months, 2 weeks ago by hugly.
Time to create page: 0.66 seconds
Scroll To Top