Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Audio out of sync

Re: Audio out of sync 10 months, 3 weeks ago #153379

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 10 months, 3 weeks ago
Delay relative to video : -398 ms

It's possible that the audio stream delay is applied in the wrong direction. That should be easily fixable by shifting the audio track twice the amount in the opposite direction. For the video shown that would be 0,796 seconds which means in a 60 fps project 48 frames to the right.

Please try that with one file and see if it fixes the problem.

Just because I'm curious: A DVCAM capturing directly to AVC/AC3.MTS 1080 progressive at 59.94 fps to file and not to tape, what kind of machinery is that?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 10 months, 3 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: Audio out of sync 10 months, 3 weeks ago #153381

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 10 months, 3 weeks ago
DVCAM is a standard definition tape format, it should show up as DV when a file.

Re: Audio out of sync 10 months, 2 weeks ago #153572

• mfalcon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 10 months, 2 weeks ago
The camera is a Panasonic AG-AC90.

I had to slide the audio -48 to get it in sync as best as possible. It's a live band with a lot of motion, especially the drummers and percussion.

So it looks good within Lightworks, then I export it as Vimeo at either 29.97 or 30fps, and the audio is off again.

Driving me nuts ... is it that Lightworks can't process the audio in the MTS file correctly? Do I need to apply a different setting in the import filter?

Thanks

Re: Audio out of sync 10 months, 2 weeks ago #153574

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 10 months, 2 weeks ago
Have a look at P205 in the V14 User Guide, to see if that makes sense for your project.

Re: Audio out of sync 10 months, 2 weeks ago #153582

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 10 months, 2 weeks ago
is it that Lightworks can't process the audio in the MTS file correctly? Do I need to apply a different setting in the import filter?

When shifting 48 frames fixes the sync problem with the file you showed above you’ve encountered the issue I mentioned earlier.

You will have to inspect all your MTS files with Mediainfo for audio stream delay, double the value, calculate the number of frames to shift specifically for the frame rate used and shift the audio accordingly for each file (because the values might differ).

I've reported this bug some time ago. I hope it will be fixed with next release.
Last Edit: 10 months, 2 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: Audio out of sync 10 months, 2 weeks ago #153594

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 10 months, 2 weeks ago
and the audio is off again.

Sorry, I missed this in your post.

Would you mind to make one of the source files which show the issue on Vimeo export downloadable at a file hoster of your choice or wetransfer.com wetransfer.com/ ?

Re: Audio out of sync 10 months, 2 weeks ago #153657

• mfalcon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 10 months, 2 weeks ago
briandrys -
On the Import menu - there are only choices for 29.97 and 30fps. The .MTS file is 59.94fps. I've also tried with various "Timecode to assign" settings as well.

I've seen that other NLE's can edit these file directly, especially that the audio doesn't play at all.

Before I go crazy with this - it seems like this is a bug... if so then I'll have to switch to another editor for the MTS files and/or convert them (ugly) before ingesting.

Thoughts?

hugly -
I'll use wetransfer for the exported Vimeo clip - how can I send this to you directly?

Thanks All !!

Re: Audio out of sync 10 months, 2 weeks ago #153669

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 10 months, 2 weeks ago
The exported Vimeo clip won't help much because it won't show the cause(s). Best would be if you could upload an exported archive created with Lightworks of the sequence, including all media.

To export an archive, right-click on the sequence viewer, select "Export.Backup.Lightworks archive", export dialogue opens, select "Include local media" and Include linked media", select a destination and click Start. The exported archive is a folder, zip it and check the file size. Free version of Wetransfer has a 2GB upper limit.

If you wish to do that, after upload to Wetransfer has finished you'll get a download link, copy and paste it and send me a personal message. When clicking on my avatar you’ll find in Profile tab “Send message” (right below the profile).

Re: Audio out of sync 8 months, 3 weeks ago #157420

• swordfishradio
I gave up in the end and went with a cloud based solution. Much cheaper and I didnt have to fanny about trying to transcode my clips beforehand.

Asked for a refund but they are being stubborn despite them technically breaking UK consumer law.

Re: Audio out of sync 8 months, 3 weeks ago #157421

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 8 months, 3 weeks ago
Welcome to the forum.

Since this is a user forum and this is the first time you've been in contact with the forum we can't comment on any dispute you may have with Editshare. However, if you wish to provide a Mediainfo report users will attempt to provide possible solutions.

You should note that various types of recordings that involve variable frame rates cause problems for professional NLEs in general and do require converting to a constant frame rate.

Re: Audio out of sync 8 months, 3 weeks ago #157423

• swordfishradio
Well I didnt have time to use third party apps to sort out frame rates when I never had this issue in a previous version of this software. As I stated, I ended up using a better cloud solution to my needs.

Re: Audio out of sync 8 months, 3 weeks ago #157424

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 8 months, 3 weeks ago
As a Pro user, you can run both the old and V14 versions of Lightworks on your machine.

Re: Audio out of sync 8 months, 3 weeks ago #157429

• swordfishradio
Didnt work either, the sync issues are marginally better in the older version but not as bad as the latest version. I couldn't export in 4K either in the older version as well which made it more frustrating. I was on a tight timescale so as I said, moved onto to something that was usable and still able to produce the 4K results. Certainly wont be using Lightworks again anytime soon. The customer service element and the flat refusal to refund was enough to make that decision for me to be honest.

Re: Audio out of sync 8 months, 3 weeks ago #157433

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 8 months, 3 weeks ago
Unless you have a support contract, any issues are best brought up in the forum. These usually receive a quick response from users and they solve most of the issues do that come up pretty quickly.

Unfortunately, you didn't approach the forum with your difficulties, although the offer is open to find a solution for you. if you still require it.

Re: Audio out of sync 8 months, 3 weeks ago #157435

• swordfishradio
Little or no point now as I found a better and far cheaper solution to my requirements. The so called solution appeared to be "use a 3rd party application" which I don't believe I should have to do considering the price for the "Pro" version.
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds
Scroll To Top