Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: weird audioproblems in Lightworks with audio from OBS

Re: weird audioproblems in Lightworks with audio from OBS 1 year, 6 months ago #131766

• janagyjr
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 year, 6 months ago
Custom Output (ffmpeg) gives me many video/audio options, pcm is not available under any combination thereof that I can see.

I retract my incorrect statement, here are my options (previously discounted without looking because I am unfamiliar with the container formats).

Seems asf_stream is my best option? What video encoder should I use?
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: weird audioproblems in Lightworks with audio from OBS 1 year, 6 months ago #131767

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 6 months ago
This is going way off topic. Solutions are available for transcoding AVC/aac/mp4 with multiple audio streams into something accepted by Lightworks for editing. If you don't have time for that, you'll need to find acceptable solutions. One possible solution is to extract audio from the source and import it separately. You still have problems associated with the compressed video format. To minimize that and still continue a streamlined workflow, you should look at your settings in OBSS. H264 is the format OBSS tends to support best and GPU encoding also supports.

This little pcm question is only one tiny component of a complex workflow. With all the variables present, I can't solve it for you. The best I can say for you is conform your workflow to suit your needs and limitations. I was just pointing out that the statement re. OBSS wouldn't record pcm was incorrect.
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2

Why can’t I play a video and edit it. 8 months, 1 week ago #161009

When I try to play an imported video the sound plays fine but the picture does very little. It jumps at the start then freezes! How can I possibly edit it when this happens!

Also, a number of videos (selfies) have somehow been imported upside down! What exactly is going on here?
Lightworks appears brilliant in the online tutorials, but it’s just not playing ball with me!

Re: Why can’t I play a video and edit it. 8 months, 1 week ago #161010

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 8 months, 1 week ago
Hello and welcome!

Editing performance depends on media format and computer power - there are ways to optimize overall system performance without buying new hardware.

More information is needed to understand the nature of your problem. Please post you computer details (OS version, CPU, RAM, GPU, type of hard drive) and a Mediainfo report: Here you'll find directions: www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=23&id=66072&Itemid=81

.. The link posted first was wrong - that's corrected.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 8 months, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: Why can’t I play a video and edit it. 8 months, 1 week ago #161133

I have now got so pissed off with Lightworks I’ve uninstalled it! Glad this hasn’t cost me a penny only time!

Re: Why can’t I play a video and edit it. 8 months, 1 week ago #161140

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 8 months, 1 week ago
Lightworks can usually handle most of these things, once you've set up the appropriate workflow. However, phones and games recordings produce videos which create issues for most professional NLEs, so their media needs to be prepared before importing it.

There are consumer NLEs which are designed to handle such media, so if you require a simple workflow they may work better for you.

Re: Why can’t I play a video and edit it. 8 months, 1 week ago #161165

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 8 months, 1 week ago
Nathan Farnell wrote:
I have now got so pissed off with Lightworks I’ve uninstalled it! Glad this hasn’t cost me a penny only time!

Perfect is the enemy of good, they say.

Let us know what works better for you.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds
Scroll To Top