Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Screen resloluion. Black Slits on side of videos.

Screen resloluion. Black Slits on side of videos. 3 years, 9 months ago #115163

I've been using Lightworks for 2 months now, but every type of screen resolution I use in my video recorder, OBS, there are always to black slits on the side on the video. I do not want these, and I do not want to resise and deform the video only to revome them. Anyone know how to revome these black slits?
Last Edit: 3 years, 9 months ago by TheRedstoneCreeper.

Re: Screen resloluion. Black Slits on side of videos. 3 years, 9 months ago #115167

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 3 years, 9 months ago
Welcome to the forum.

Please give the screen resolution(s) that you're recording. It sounds like the aspect ratio isn't matching your project.

Re: Screen resloluion. Black Slits on side of videos. 3 years, 9 months ago #115218

1920x1200
1280x800

Re: Screen resloluion. Black Slits on side of videos. 3 years, 9 months ago #115220

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 years, 9 months ago
Lightworks assumes the mentioned formats to be 16:9, 1920x1080 or 1280x720, accordingly it adds black bars to left/right.

Within Lightworks you can use a conversion which will scale up your picture to full frame.
To do so select in your project menu:
Video > Conversions > Display narrow as wide > Full zoom
Please note: This performs a linear resize, it will cut off stripes on top and buttom of the picture.

To get a full frame picture you have to deliver 1920x1080 or 1280x720 as imput.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Screen resloluion. Black Slits on side of videos. 3 years, 9 months ago #115227

... Project menu? There are lots of menu's, most of them I don't know the name of.

Re: Screen resloluion. Black Slits on side of videos. 3 years, 9 months ago #115228

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 years, 9 months ago
In the upper left corner of your project window you can see the project name. Click on it.

There are very good official video tutorials to get started with Lightworks:

www.lwks.com/
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Screen resloluion. Black Slits on side of videos. 4 months, 1 week ago #206520

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
New user deadpool1013 posted in this extremely old thread about a problem which may or may not be related. You will find that post at Black edges surround my videos.

Re: Screen resloluion. Black Slits on side of videos. 3 weeks, 6 days ago #211983

• Fresh Boarder
  • 3 weeks, 6 days ago
hi,I want to Remove the background of the video ,someone tell me how can i do?

Re: Screen resloluion. Black Slits on side of videos. 3 weeks, 6 days ago #211984

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 3 weeks, 6 days ago
Welcome to the forum.

Are you asking about the pillars on either side or bars at the top and bottom?

Is this video or stills?
Last Edit: 3 weeks, 6 days ago by briandrys.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds
Scroll To Top