Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Where is the Lightworks v11.5 Advanced User’s Guide

Where is the Lightworks v11.5 Advanced User’s Guide 5 years, 9 months ago #62464

• DNL
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 years, 9 months ago
Where does one find and download the "Lightworks v11.5 Advanced User’s Guide" referred to on page 4 in the basic users guide, "Lightworks v11.5 User Guide" easily found and downloaded from download page.

I can't find this advanced guide anywhere.

Maybe it isn't posted yet.
LenovoThinkPad P70, Xeon E3, 64 GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro M3000M, SSD internal HD, Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

Re: Where is the Lightworks v11.5 Advanced User’s Guide 5 years, 9 months ago #62470

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
    Pro User
  • Administrator
  • 5 years, 9 months ago
That's correct - it's not yet available, but will be soon.

Re: Where is the Lightworks v11.5 Advanced User’s Guide 5 years, 9 months ago #62471

• DNL
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 years, 9 months ago
OK, thanks.
LenovoThinkPad P70, Xeon E3, 64 GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro M3000M, SSD internal HD, Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

Re: Where is the Lightworks v11.5 Advanced User’s Guide 5 years, 7 months ago #69049

• nickpitt_2000
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 years, 7 months ago
Any sign of this yet?

Re: Where is the Lightworks v11.5 Advanced User’s Guide 5 years, 5 months ago #72492

• nswcoxn
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 years, 5 months ago
Bueller..... Bueller..... Bueller.....

Re: Where is the Lightworks v11.5 Advanced User’s Guide 5 years, 5 months ago #72510

• nickpitt_2000
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 years, 5 months ago
I would be happy to help prepare this doc or proof read or edit. It's such a pity there is so much currently undocumented ability in the software. It makes it very hard to answer when potential users ask if it can do something, and I just don't know the answer!

Re: Where is the Lightworks v11.5 Advanced User’s Guide 5 years, 5 months ago #72546

• rhinox202
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 years, 5 months ago
It is quite a bummer that the "Advanced User Guide" hasn't been posted. I'm not sure in which universe 'soon' equates to 4 months plus. That said, attached is the User Guide from version 11. It's a bit more comprehensive than the 11.5 guide but there are quite a few things that have changed. Just be aware of that latter fact and with a little digging in Lightworks you should be able to figure it out.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Intel Core 2 Quad (Q6600) :: 4GB :: 256GB SSD :: 1TB HD :: EVGA Geforce GTX 1050 Ti :: Win 10 Pro (1709) :: Lwks 14.1 Beta
Last Edit: 5 years, 5 months ago by rhinox202.

Re: Where is the Lightworks v11.5 Advanced User’s Guide 5 years, 5 months ago #72557

• nickpitt_2000
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 years, 5 months ago
thanks rhinox202

Re: Where is the Lightworks v11.5 Advanced User’s Guide 5 years, 5 months ago #72578

• ArteD
    Pro User
  • 5 years, 5 months ago
I think the Advanced Guide will probably be available with the new version 12. Not much point in having a 11.5 Advanced Guide when Lightworks 12 is just around the corner.
I'm not employed by or officially represent Editshare or Lightworks. I'm just a Lightworks user.

Re: Where is the Lightworks v11.5 Advanced User’s Guide 5 years, 5 months ago #72600

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 5 years, 5 months ago
Given the previous time scales of beta versions, I suspect a release version 12 won't be available until after IBC.

Re: Where is the Lightworks v11.5 Advanced User’s Guide 5 years, 5 months ago #72602

• RonHos
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 5 years, 5 months ago
ArteD wrote:
I think the Advanced Guide will probably be available with the new version 12. Not much point in having a 11.5 Advanced Guide when Lightworks 12 is just around the corner.

There is every point in having this Advanced Guide ... some users have made an Outright Purchase of this software and if the appropriate manuals are not made available then for sure I will ask for my money back
RonH

Re: Where is the Lightworks v11.5 Advanced User’s Guide 5 years, 5 months ago #72604

• jonathan.bondu
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 5 years, 5 months ago
actually between the 11.1 user guide and the tutorials and video explaining the new functionalities, It's not that hard to learn some of the advanced functions.

Not saying that an advanced manual is not needed, there are lots of functionality I'd wish to know better, and have a good explanation, but it's quite arguable to say that for the few coming months before v12 it might not be worthwhile to make an advanced manual for 11.5. maybe they should focus on having a good strong advanced manual for v12 at the moment it comes out.

I think we all know that the Lightworks team dosen't have unlimited resources,
HP elitebook 8570p : OS, Win7Pro ; CPU, i5-3360@2.8Ghz ; Ram, 8GB (2x4GB@1600Mhz) ; GPU, Intel Hd4000 ; HDD, 500GB@7200rpm ;
Sony Nex EA50

My Club (Fance)
CCOF : cameracluborsayfaculte.com/
My personal blog : imagesetidees.wordpress.com/

Re: Where is the Lightworks v11.5 Advanced User’s Guide 5 years, 5 months ago #72605

• Matt Sandford
  • Administrator
    Pro User
  • Administrator
  • 5 years, 5 months ago
Hi All,

The Advanced User Guide was put on hold due to all the drastic changes that were still in limbo for version 12.

Now that all the changes for version 12 are almost complete, work on finalising the Advanced User Guide and updating the other documentation can continue. There was very little point in updating the guide twice.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Matt
Lightworks Product Manager

Re: Where is the Lightworks v11.5 Advanced User’s Guide 5 years, 5 months ago #72606

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 5 years, 5 months ago
The problem is that new users don't have the version 11.1 guide. Also, something needs to be in place for Mac users doing their tests, even if it is a version 11.5 advanced guide.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds
Scroll To Top