Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Source code

Source code 7 years, 9 months ago #3272

• matteo.pedani
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 7 years, 9 months ago
Where is the source code? I like to develop integrate some open sorce program in lighworks.

Matteo
Matte Pedani

Re: Source code 7 years, 9 months ago #3273

• Forum Admin
    Pro User
  • 7 years, 9 months ago
Where is the source code?

The source code is not available yet. If you look at the Home Page you will see some background to the project and an approximate roadmap. The current beta release is to help people to get aquainted with Lightworks, and to shake out any remaining bugs in this version. The source code will be released later in 2011, and we look forward to your participation in the Open Source development proogram.

Re: Source code 7 years, 9 months ago #3306

• sterovetta
  • Gold Boarder
  • 7 years, 9 months ago
Forum Admin wrote:
The source code will be released later in 2011, and we look forward to your participation in the Open Source development proogram.

May I add that I expect that a lot of work will be necessary.

As I have come to know, the program is transitioning from being a hardware-centric tool, tuned to a single "turnkey" hardware system, making heavy use of proprietary and platform-specific components, to a software tool proper, suitable for most common PC configurations, with publicly available sources, using as much as possible freely redistributable libraries and components, and (as this turns out to be the most requested feature) multi-platform portability.

Re: Source code 7 years, 9 months ago #3307

• Forum Admin
    Pro User
  • 7 years, 9 months ago

May I add that I expect that a lot of work will be necessary.

Thank you, Sterovetta: that's all true.

There is a lot of work. There's a lot of planning and many decisions to take as well. To take this project towards the outcome that most people want, it will take time and the co-operation of many people.

But there's good news:

• We already have a free version of the software that is currently in Beta and which is getting better every day.
  • There are so many talented people on this forum and who have downloaded the Lightworks Beta program that have a very good prospect of making this the best multi-platform NLE on the planet.
Last Edit: 7 years, 9 months ago by Forum Admin.

Re: Source code 7 years ago #15142

• gulinzmayer
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 7 years ago
News?

Re: Source code 7 years ago #15143

• Forum Admin
    Pro User
  • 7 years ago
gulinzmayer wrote:
News?

It's all in this announcement:

www.lightworksbeta.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=122&Itemid=263
Last Edit: 7 years ago by Forum Admin.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds
Scroll To Top