Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Iaunch failure after installation

Iaunch failure after installation 1 week, 4 days ago #238206

• chriss23
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 4 days ago
Can anyone help? I am not very technical and need some advice.
My pc fits requirements to run Lightworks but when I download it (the free version), it won't launch, either from the lightworks.exe or the ntcardvt.exe files. Nothing happens at all!!
There don't seem to be any issues with installing, no error messages, so I have no idea what is going on. Can anyone help?
I have recently created a music track (my first composition using ableton livelite) and would like to make a video to go with it.
Thanks in anticipation!

Re: Iaunch failure after installation 1 week, 4 days ago #238209

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 4 days ago
Hello,

Very uncommon problem. Please try: Download the latest 2021.2 beta release, which includes the latest fixes and enhancements, restart your computer to unlock possibly locked files and hanging processes, don't start any other application, install the downloaded version, try to run it and see what happens.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Iaunch failure after installation 1 week, 1 day ago #238449

• chriss23
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 1 day ago
Hi hugly,

Thanks for your answer but.....I did as you suggested and downloaded the beta version etc but now when I try to launch I get this error message:
Lightworks is unable to create/modify files in Lightworks
Please check your operating-system permissions/privileges

There's obviously something wrong but what? I am the 'administrator' of my pc.

Any ideas?

Re: Iaunch failure after installation 1 week ago #238452

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week ago
Assuming that you're running Windows 10 and have installed Lightworks at its default location on the C: drive, something like this can be caused by virus scanners and similar "security" software, including Windows Controlled Folder Access.

Please disable all software of that kind temporarily, including Windows Controlled Folder Access, install 2021.2 again and see what happens.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds
Scroll To Top