Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lightworks hanging while trying to work with long (6 hour) video

Lightworks hanging while trying to work with long (6 hour) video 2 months ago #220089

• lose311
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months ago
Hi, I'm using Lightworks to edit a roughly 6 hour long video, which is 5.9 GB. I am able to import it on to the timeline, but if I try to seek around playback in the preview window the program takes a long time to seek to a point on the timeline and a few seconds to play, then the sound is glitchy. Also, from what I can tell, only the first hour of the video ends up in the preview window once it's imported into the project. Only 59 mins of the video is imported based on Metadata in LWKS.

I've tried making a proxy haven't been very successfully. It seems to work fine, the progress bar completes eventually. But it hangs once the progress bar is full and seems to never actually finish the task.

Is there a limit (either by spec or just by computing power) on what kind of video I can plan on working on? This one was only 720p, so though long it isn't a massive file.

My computer: Windows 10 x64, MSI X570 motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3700x CPU, AMD Radeon RX480 8GB GPU, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVME SSD, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SATA SSD

I've got a GPU upgrade on the way, though that doesn't seem to be the bottleneck in this case. I've tried the above while the video file is stored on both SSDs, and same results.

Media metadata from Ligthworks attached. It says the proxy worked but that the video preview doesn't work any better, still slow and glitchy.

Using latest Lightworks Pro version 2020.1 revision 122068. Tried reinstalling already. I've read the FAQ and compute requirements for Lightworks, I exceed those, so I'm just wondering what to expect when working with these types of files and if there's anything else I can do to improve performance.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 2 months ago by lose311.

Re: Lightworks hanging while trying to work with long (6 hour) video 2 months ago #220101

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months ago
Hello,

Could you post a Mediainfo report of the footage, please? Here you'll find directions:

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=23&id=66072&Itemid=81#66072
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Lightworks hanging while trying to work with long (6 hour) video 2 months ago #220125

• lose311
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months ago
Sure:

General
ID : 1 (0x1)
Complete name : C:\movie.mp4
Format : MPEG-TS
File size : 5.92 GiB
Duration : 6 h 38 min
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 2 127 kb/s
FileExtension_Invalid : ts m2t m2s m4t m4s tmf ts tp trp ty

Video
ID : 257 (0x101)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Main@L3.1
Format settings : CABAC / 4 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, Reference : 4 frames
Codec ID : 27
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Variable
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive

Audio
ID : 256 (0x100)
Format : AAC LC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
Format version : Version 4
Muxing mode : ADTS
Codec ID : 15-2
Bit rate mode : Variable
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel layout : L R
Sampling rate : 44.1 kHz
Frame rate : 43.066 FPS (1024 SPF)
Compression mode : Lossy
Delay relative to video : -32 ms

Menu
ID : 4096 (0x1000)
List : 256 (0x100) (AAC) / 257 (0x101) (AVC) / 258 (0x102) ()

If relevant, it's from Twitch. So I believe there are two audio tracks and one video due to the sources.

Re: Lightworks hanging while trying to work with long (6 hour) video 2 months ago #220128

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months ago
First, it looks as if this video shows the wrong container format. The extension is MP4 but it appears to be some kind of MPEG transport stream. Some of those are unsuitable for video editing. Remuxing might or might not help, re-encoding should help. The latter will take a while due the duration.

I'm wondering how it could be that some essential information is missing, e.g. the frame rate and scan mode. Did you delete some lines prior to posting?

And, what application did you use to record from Twitch?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds
Scroll To Top