Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: System Clock Irregularity, how to fix clock sync

System Clock Irregularity, how to fix clock sync 3 months, 3 weeks ago #215946

• heisenberg2JZ
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Hi, my situation is this, on another program, I needed to change the date, I moved my date forward on my computer (In Windows 10) five days, I must have changed the date back AFTER I installed and started using Lightworks,

I want to know now, how do I get Lightworks to run with the correct date on my computer? If I run the correct date I'm getting System Clock Irregularity and can not log in to run the program.

I've tried the trick with deleting the two folders (G0001000, and P0001000) with no luck, so now I'm running with my date five days ahead, which will conflict with everyday functions at some point, but is currently the only way to use this software.

Once I'm done with the current project, my idea was to wipe the program completely and reinstall fresh, with the correct date as my starting point, but I have quite a ways to go before I'm finished on this one.

Any advice on how to fix would be great, thank you

Re: System Clock Irregularity, how to fix clock sync 3 months, 3 weeks ago #215947

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Hello,

What version of Lightworks are you using, on which operating system?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: System Clock Irregularity, how to fix clock sync 3 months, 3 weeks ago #215950

• heisenberg2JZ
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 months, 3 weeks ago
14.5 and Windows 10, 64 bit

Re: System Clock Irregularity, how to fix clock sync 3 months, 3 weeks ago #215951

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Lightworks checks the time stamps of some files in the Lightworks user folder against the current system date. Files newer than the current date create the message. That's what we know on the forum.

Details, on which files are scanned and which not, are not disclosed. This means you have to find the files which meet this criteria and correct the time stamps with suitable third party software. A point to start with are the contents of the Lightworks\Projects folder sorted by date descending (most recent on top of the list).

On Windows I use the app Attribut Changer from time to time www.petges.lu/download/ without trouble. But, handle with care, make a backup of your Lightworks folder prior to modifying any of its content.
Last Edit: 3 months, 3 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: System Clock Irregularity, how to fix clock sync 3 months, 3 weeks ago #215960

• heisenberg2JZ
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 months, 3 weeks ago
I'll check it out, but essentially once I'm done with this project, and onto the next one with new media, based on a correct date, things should work fine at that point?

Re: System Clock Irregularity, how to fix clock sync 3 months, 3 weeks ago #215961

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 3 weeks ago
I would think the porblem hasn't anything to do with the date stamps of your original media, but with files containing metadata created by Lightworks in the folder "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks".

Assuming that you see 'System Clock Irregularity' when starting Lightworks, you can't edit at all, currently. As soon as you can find and fix the files with invalid time stamps and your system clock is set correctly, the system will start as expected and you can work on your current projects and all new.

However, the problem's been caused by invalid system clock settings. If you are aware how this happened and can make sure that it won't happen again, you're on the safe side, if not, the problem may reappear.

Re: System Clock Irregularity, how to fix clock sync 3 months, 3 weeks ago #215979

• khaver
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Changing Lightworks file time stamps is not the way to go. Changing system time is usually associated with circumventing software trial times. I see no reason to ever change system time from the actual time, unless moving your computer between time zones.

Can you export an archive of your current project, uninstall Lightworks, and reinstall with the corrected system time? Or install a second installation into a different directory?
Work Comp: Retired!
Home Comp: Newer! Bigger! Faster!
Send me a tip: paypal.me/4khaver

Re: System Clock Irregularity, how to fix clock sync 3 months, 3 weeks ago #215988

• heisenberg2JZ
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 months, 3 weeks ago
khaver wrote:
Changing Lightworks file time stamps is not the way to go. Changing system time is usually associated with circumventing software trial times. I see no reason to ever change system time from the actual time, unless moving your computer between time zones.

Can you export an archive of your current project, uninstall Lightworks, and reinstall with the corrected system time? Or install a second installation into a different directory?

Well the reason I changed it was for a video game that uses real world time/date, I wanted to be in a different season and must have forgot to change back once I installed Lightworks and started the project I'm on. I think what I'm going to do, since I'm 75% of the way with finishing the project, is pretty much a complete reinstall after syncing back with real life date/time. I'll let you guys know, this project is a lot of footage, maybe I'll finish today.

Re: System Clock Irregularity, how to fix clock sync 3 months, 3 weeks ago #215989

• heisenberg2JZ
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 months, 3 weeks ago
hugly wrote:
I would think the porblem hasn't anything to do with the date stamps of your original media, but with files containing metadata created by Lightworks in the folder "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks".

Assuming that you see 'System Clock Irregularity' when starting Lightworks, you can't edit at all, currently. As soon as you can find and fix the files with invalid time stamps and your system clock is set correctly, the system will start as expected and you can work on your current projects and all new.

However, the problem's been caused by invalid system clock settings. If you are aware how this happened and can make sure that it won't happen again, you're on the safe side, if not, the problem may reappear.

What should I do to fix it? I'm thinking of just doing a fresh install after I'm finished with the current project.

Re: System Clock Irregularity, how to fix clock sync 3 months, 3 weeks ago #215990

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Are you able to work on your project?

Edit: If so, I misunderstood your problem and thought you are locked out. That's why I suggested correcting the file dates, sorry. Incredible, how much wasted time such a misunderstanding can cause.

Re: System Clock Irregularity, how to fix clock sync 3 months, 3 weeks ago #216091

• heisenberg2JZ
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 months, 3 weeks ago
hugly wrote:
Are you able to work on your project?

Edit: If so, I misunderstood your problem and thought you are locked out. That's why I suggested correcting the file dates, sorry. Incredible, how much wasted time such a misunderstanding can cause.

No, not until I bumped my system time forward to incorrect times (the same forward leap that I was installing on) which now leads me to a new problem. I have to uninstall and reinstall, but can't get in to backup my project. Will I lose my work if I do a fresh install? My free license expired and I don't think I can get one on incorrect time, and when I set to correct time, I get system clock irregularity lol fml

Edit: So my license isn't actually expired, but since I'm running on five days advance, in order to avoid system clock irregularity, the program 'Thinks' that it expired, so my real problem is still fixing the system clock irregularity, that way I can run on correct time again, but I think I've been cornered into doing a new install, I need to save my project and my work first...
Last Edit: 3 months, 3 weeks ago by heisenberg2JZ.

Re: System Clock Irregularity, how to fix clock sync 3 months, 3 weeks ago #216092

• heisenberg2JZ
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 months, 3 weeks ago
I manually backed up my project and media folders, uninstalled, reinstalled on correct time, and still system clock irregularity. I'm starting to think it's tied to the license too and that it's tripping it out... not sure how to fix that. I guess I can wait until it's actually the 23rd (The date my program currently needs to line up to) and then at that point I'll run incorrect time and see, but if I can't get licensed under incorrect time, then I might be doomed.

Re: System Clock Irregularity, how to fix clock sync 3 months, 3 weeks ago #216093

• heisenberg2JZ
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 months, 3 weeks ago
The error may be within my project files, I made a couple copies of my backups, which was

the Projects folder, and all its contents (only have one project)

And the Media folder, so I can copy "Material" and "Sound"

I installed 32 bit just for the h**l of it, and before introducing the backup folders, it started up fine on correct system time, said I have two days before I need to sign in.

As soon as I put my project and media folders in place, it immediately asks me to log in, and I'm met with System Clock Irregularity...

To be straight, I need to get into those files and adjust the time stamp back five days, to meet up with real time, and I bet that will solve this problem, but I don't know how to do that.

Hopefully in five days when my license does actually expire, I'll be able to get a new one regardless of system time, and I can get this project done then wipe the computer again.

Take a look at this screenshot, you can see what I'm talking about, I'm five days ahead on these project files

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 3 months, 3 weeks ago by heisenberg2JZ.

Re: System Clock Irregularity, how to fix clock sync 3 months, 3 weeks ago #216094

• heisenberg2JZ
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Okay hopefully this will be the last message for tonight, but I tricked it! I got in, project is where I left it, didn't trip the system clock, now I'm going to finish this project finally, and get a fresh install on here and never look back!

Re: System Clock Irregularity, how to fix clock sync 3 months, 3 weeks ago #216152

• heisenberg2JZ
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 months, 3 weeks ago
It's the afternoon now, I've done a review of my project to find that my audio has a 2 second delay. However, I did not turn my machine off or exit lightworks since lastnight, because of fear of being locked out again (I tried to finish the work but was falling asleep sitting up)

The delay seems to be machine related however, because while there is a two second delay in audio, there is also a 2 second delay for the audio to stop when I pause the video, and the audio marks on the track are correctly layed out, for example, when I speak, the audio lines peak, but this is not where sound starts, sound starts about two seconds later, when the audio line is flat. So I'll see in a moment if that's really a problem, and then we'll go from there. Exporting the project now
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds
Scroll To Top