Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [Solved] Having memory problems with LWKS on Ubuntu

[Solved] Having memory problems with LWKS on Ubuntu 3 weeks, 3 days ago #212086

• abdallasalmi
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 weeks, 3 days ago
I tried everything: Re-installing, installing an older version, a Beta version, everything.

It just causes a massive memory leak and overloads the cpu so that everything keeps freezing.

Shame as it's the best editing suite I ever used. The strange thing is that it used to work normally until two months when it developed these symptoms.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 3 weeks, 2 days ago by abdallasalmi.

Re: Yeah it's a shame. Basically LWKS doesn't work properly on Ubuntu anymore 3 weeks, 3 days ago #212088

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 weeks, 3 days ago
Hello,

High memory consumption might be caused by media or effects. However, there's a known memory leak under certain conditions on Linux with V14.5 which is assumed to be fixed with Lightworks 2020.

Please install most recent 2020.1 revision 119451 and see if it helps. If it doesn't please post a mediainfo report of the media you're using and a zipped copy of your Logs folder.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 3 weeks, 3 days ago by hugly.

Re: Yeah it's a shame. Basically LWKS doesn't work properly on Ubuntu anymore 3 weeks, 2 days ago #212116

• abdallasalmi
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 weeks, 2 days ago
Hi, the 2020 beta is perfect! Thanks!

Re: Yeah it's a shame. Basically LWKS doesn't work properly on Ubuntu anymore 3 weeks, 2 days ago #212126

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 weeks, 2 days ago
Very good.

The current beta has still some issues. Please watch out for new releases and make sure to run always the most recent.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds
Scroll To Top