Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lightworks won't open

Lightworks won't open 3 weeks, 6 days ago #205195

• HiINeedHelp
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 weeks, 6 days ago
I downloaded Lightworks 64bit but everytime I launch it, the page disapears with no error message. I have tried recommendations like changing the item in the C:/Windows/Program Files/Lightworks folder named 'r3d.lwk' to 'r3d.lwk.baz' and launching from the 'ntcardvt' item also in the folder. I also uninstalled and reinstalled it but its still not working. I use a laptop with a 1.10GHz Intel processor

Re: Lightworks won't open 3 weeks, 6 days ago #205196

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 weeks, 6 days ago
Hello,

Could you specify your laptop in more detail please, manufacturer/model, Windows version, type of CPU, and RAM size?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Lightworks won't open 3 weeks, 6 days ago #205197

• HiINeedHelp
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 weeks, 6 days ago
I use a Lenovo ThinkPad (I don't remmeber what model but its new), operates Windows 10, Intel Pentium Silver N5000 CPU at 1.10GHz with 4GB of RAM

Re: Lightworks won't open 3 weeks, 6 days ago #205198

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 weeks, 6 days ago
Thanks.

Unfortunately, that's far below the recommended system specs. You might have a chance when using the 32-bit version of Lightworks.

Uninstall the current version, download the 32-bit version from' Downloads' on top of this page, restart your computer and don't start any other application, install with default settings, try again and see what happens.

If it runs, make yourself familiar with the internal proxy workflow, you will need it:

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=217&id=194770&Itemid=81#194787
Last Edit: 3 weeks, 6 days ago by hugly.

Re: Lightworks won't open 1 week, 6 days ago #205757

Hello fellows,
I downloades 64-bit version to my computer with windows 10. But it refuses to start. It actually starts but up toinitialising media folders and ....finishes. I reloaded computer, no help at all.
Please, recommend something!
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Lightworks won't open 1 week, 6 days ago #205759

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 6 days ago
Hello,

Unfortunately, the Intel N4200 @ 1.10 Ghz and 4GB RAM is far below the recommended system specs, which might be a cause of the apparently hanging system on startup.

See if this earlier post contains any helpful information:

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=21&id=205195&Itemid=81#205198

Re: Lightworks won't open 1 week, 6 days ago #205763

Thank you so much for help! I installed 32-bit version and it runs)

Re: Lightworks won't open 1 week, 6 days ago #205765

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 6 days ago
Glad to hear that.

Mind you, due to the low performance of the machine, for editing HD media somehow fluently you'll have to use internal proxies.

Let us know how that works for you.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds
Scroll To Top