Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What Third part software?

What Third part software? 2 months, 4 weeks ago #203954

• Nils Ingvar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months, 4 weeks ago
Hi,

I'm really new to all this but have owned a Panasonic NV-GS 11 for years. I want to tranfer my movies to the digital domain but there is always something not working out. The movies
is on the mini DV cassettestapes. The camera has three ports a S-video A what I belive
Fireware and also a USB2 port.
I have asked a question abot Lightworks earlier and the is no function to transfer videos to computer. So I went to a store bough a adapter Supervideo to USB2 and the contained a software. Problem is that the software identified my OS as XP Servicepack 2. I'm on windows 10. Trying to uppgrade the software didn't work. I been around the net but can't figure out what to do and what to get. Looking at Panasonics webside didn't hel me since there is no support for my camera. Since I'm ready to buy the licenced version of Lighthouse there is not a lot of money spending for a software just to get the movies into my computer so a freeware could be nice. But I want the best possible quality as I'm planning to use the tapes for new recordings when the transfer is done.
Is S-V the way to go, or is USB beter and if so does USB tranfer sound?

As english is not my native languish I hope I have put this together so you understand my problems.

Re: What Third part software? 2 months, 4 weeks ago #203963

• khaver
  • Pro User
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 4 weeks ago
If you have a desktop computer, get a FireWire card and install it. There are freeware apps available to transfer DV to computer by FireWire.
Work Comp: Retired!
Home Comp: Newer! Bigger! Faster!
Send me a tip: paypal.me/4khaver

Re: What Third part software? 2 months, 4 weeks ago #203965

• Nils Ingvar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months, 4 weeks ago
Thank for your answer, but I have an all in one computer and even if I get a Fireware adapter I still need a software to copy my movies to my HDD, hence my question

Re: What Third part software? 2 months, 4 weeks ago #203981

• khaver
  • Pro User
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 4 weeks ago
Check the website of the manufacturer of your s-video to USB adapter. They may have an updated version of their software.
Work Comp: Retired!
Home Comp: Newer! Bigger! Faster!
Send me a tip: paypal.me/4khaver

Re: What Third part software? 2 months, 4 weeks ago #203986

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 2 months, 4 weeks ago
Have no direct experience with such converters but the following is on-the-internet advice from a user with a similar device.

Step 1: Plug it in directly. If you need to use an extension usb cord, be sure its a high quality one. Windows 10 will see it and install the driver automatically. Step 2: take the included disc and throw into nearest trash can, it's worthless. Step 3: Download and install OBS Studio. It's free, it will recognize almost any type of video capture device you connect and it will allow you to tweak the video to your liking (brightness, contrast, aspect ratio, resolution, etc) You may need to watch a couple tutorial videos on how to use it but trust me, it's well worth it.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds
Scroll To Top