• Page:

TOPIC: New workhorse - how to clone

New workhorse - how to clone 1 month ago #197577

• mtyo0b
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Hello,

My new workhorse arrives tomorrow, now how can i easy start with EVERYTHING from my old pc in lightworks?

Using 1 HUGE project, with over 100h of footage-brols-cuts-notes etc.

-So how can i start this transfer the best way?
-Can I transfer self made preset effects?
- Will my just started PRO be removed with my new setup? or is this linked to my account?

THANK YOU
Last Edit: 1 month ago by mtyo0b.

Re: New workhorse - how to clone 1 month ago #197578

• lghtwrks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
pc ? mac? linux? ...

Re: New workhorse - how to clone 1 month ago #197581

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
mtyo0b wrote:
Using 1 HUGE project, with over 100h of footage-brols-cuts-notes etc.
-So how can i start this transfer the best way?

The default is to create project backups with media, but there are several options, depending on your setup.
Are your media on your drive inside your old computer, or on an external drive?
Did you use the standard import method "Create link" or another?
Did you add / change new media locations in the project settings, or did you change the location of the project folder?

mtyo0b wrote:
Can I transfer self made preset effects?

Yes, custom effect templates can be copied manually. The location depends on the operating system used.
Effect settings within timelines of a project are part of the project data, and are still available after the transfer of the project.

mtyo0b wrote:
Will my just started PRO be removed with my new setup? or is this linked to my account?

If you have already activated the license on the old device, then activate the new device with the second activation, which is included in many licenses. A monthly license contains only one activation option.
www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=104&Itemid=220
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Windows 10, 64 Bit
Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz) ; Intel HD Graphics 4600
Last Edit: 1 month ago by schrauber.

Re: New workhorse - how to clone 1 month ago #197582

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Hello,

The easiest and recommended way to migrate projects is creating a project backup including all media on the source machine and restoring the backup on the target. If it's the most efficient way, depends on your personal media management.

You can migrate all your installed user effects and your templates by copying and moving the folder 'Effect Templates' from user space. The location depends on your operating system, on Linux and OSX, accessed with the terminal, it's '~/Lightworks/Effect Templates'.

All your licenses are linked to your account, but also to your computers. You can't move licenses between machines. With a Year or Outright Pro license you should have been issued with a spare license so you can activate and run it on two machines - that doesn't apply to Month licenses.

Edit: Missed schrauber's post while typing. Sorry for possible redundancies.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 month ago by hugly.

Re: New workhorse - how to clone 1 month ago #197587

• mtyo0b
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Thank you all!

You guys think support can turn the monthly in a yearly or heck a 'outright', with a coupon it's litarly started hours ago..

The tower was in backorder for weeks.. just got today the conformation

Re: New workhorse - how to clone 1 month ago #197588

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Just to say, if you haven't already activated your Month license on your current computer, you can use it on the new.

I don't think that it's technically possible to turn one license into another. However, I can imagine that something can be done to help you in this situation. I'd suggest contacting Editshare directly with your request, either by using the form Report a problem or via e-mail to: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 month ago by hugly.

Re: New workhorse - how to clone 1 month ago #197590

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 month ago
Also be advised that an outright licence will allow you to update to any version within the current major release, so for example when 14.6 comes along you will be able to install that. When 15 happens you won't be able to, and 15 is apparently currently in design.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds
Scroll To Top