Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Boris Graffiti bonuses to outright licences of lwks - is that worthy at all?

Boris Graffiti bonuses to outright licences of lwks - is that worthy at all? 4 months, 3 weeks ago #195213

• MFoist
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • I try to improve despite my personal limits :)
  • 4 months, 3 weeks ago
Hello,

as I bought lwks a few years ago, I followed the instructions how to install & activate the boris graffiti things ... unfortunately, after 2 years, it still doesn´t work. It said hat is missing some boris xx.dlls which of course have been there all the time. I tried to copy them to another folders and so on ... I guess i tried 3 workarounds at least ... I saw the plugins within lwks, but unable to bring it to life ... I decided that´s a marginality so I have not solved it until now ... but perhaps somebody has some usefull tips?

Thanks in advance.
www.youtube.com/user/MrMadmajkl
soundcloud.com/michal-foist

Win 10 Pro 64 b, Acer Predator 15, Nvidia GF GTX 1070 8 G
Gear: Sony FDR-X3000, Gopro fusion, Canon 60D, Huawei mate 10, DJI Phantom 4 Pro

Re: Boris Graffiti bonuses to outright licences of lwks - is that worthy at all? 4 months, 3 weeks ago #195215

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months, 3 weeks ago
Hello,

Under normal conditions there are no 'workarounds' needed, I even don't know any, because Boris FX and Graffit run without trouble out the box after installation as stand alone applications and Lightworks detects them automatically and enables the plugin (which uses a free Adobe API). In general, it isn't a good idea to move DLLs manually around on Windows, because most of them are assumed to be located on a location registered when installing.

Do the apps run invoked stand alone, can you load material and apply some effect?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 4 months, 3 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: Boris Graffiti bonuses to outright licences of lwks - is that worthy at all? 4 months, 3 weeks ago #195226

• MFoist
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 4 months, 3 weeks ago
Hm, maybe this is showing some problem because the apps have not been running standalone at all and I saw some weird file distribution - after installation some files ended in directories which do not make any sense - root of D:\ then in my desktop - it has been really strange. Perhaps I have to leave the installation path unchanged? Because I use customised installation paths for all my progs usualy.

Gear: Sony FDR-X3000, Gopro fusion, Canon 60D, Huawei mate 10, DJI Phantom 4 Pro

Re: Boris Graffiti bonuses to outright licences of lwks - is that worthy at all? 4 months, 3 weeks ago #195227

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 4 months, 3 weeks ago
Lightworks usually expects to be on the system drive (usually C). I would try installing the Boris programs on the same drive in the standard program directories to fins out if they run there.

Re: Boris Graffiti bonuses to outright licences of lwks - is that worthy at all? 4 months, 3 weeks ago #195229

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months, 3 weeks ago
MFoist wrote:
Perhaps I have to leave the installation path unchanged?

That's best bet in this situation. Run the uninstallers for Boris and restart your system, prior to the new installation. If the Boris apps don't run stand alone, the Lightworks plugin won't work. After the new installation, if they run, but you don't see the effects under 'VFX.Plugins', reinstall Lightworks.

Is your Lightworks installation path also away fro C:\Programs?

Edit: The defaults are:

Boris FX: "C:\Program Files\Boris FX, Inc\Boris FX 10"
Boris Graffiti: "C:\Program Files\Boris FX, Inc\Boris Graffiti 6"
Lightworks: "C:\Program Files\Lightworks"

Renaming the destination folder of Lightworks to something like 'Lightworks V14.5' shouldn't have any impact to the issue, but I would leave the Boris apps at their defaults.

Re: Boris Graffiti bonuses to outright licences of lwks - is that worthy at all? 4 months, 3 weeks ago #195232

• MFoist
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 4 months, 3 weeks ago
OK, yes, I have d:\programs\lightworks and I had before deinstalling the boris ad d:\programs\boris

OK, I´ll try that. But trhere has ben an annoying afterinstall registration process on the boris things and therefore I was too lazy to install it again and to look for some credentials again somewhere in the abbys of my email folders

Re: Boris Graffiti bonuses to outright licences of lwks - is that worthy at all? 4 months, 3 weeks ago #195233

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months, 3 weeks ago
If it's of any help to find the e-mail, the title of the invoices which include the Boris activation codes should be "EditShare EMEA Invoice".

I think, if installing on the same machine de-activating shouldn't be necessary, but I'm not sure. To move to the safe side, de-acivate prior to de-installation in order to re-activate afterwards but, that will be difficult if the programs don't run. Did they ever run?

Re: Boris Graffiti bonuses to outright licences of lwks - is that worthy at all? 4 months, 3 weeks ago #195234

• MFoist
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 4 months, 3 weeks ago
I guess not because of the missing dll. Will try thank you. And is it worthy to the effort?

Last Edit: 4 months, 3 weeks ago by MFoist.

Re: Boris Graffiti bonuses to outright licences of lwks - is that worthy at all? 4 months, 3 weeks ago #195236

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months, 3 weeks ago
Boris Graffiti provides nice looking title effects and FX a lot of effect and transition presets, on each a bunch of parameters to fine tune, keyframes, masks, spline objects, and what not. If you don't like the presets, you can create your own effects from scratch. All together a useful add on, for people who like working on and with effects. But be aware, not installing is the effort, learning it will take a serious amount time, in particular because it's difficult to find good and systematic video tutorials for beginners, at least I couldn't find any, and reading the documentation takes a while.

Re: Boris Graffiti bonuses to outright licences of lwks - is that worthy at all? 4 months, 3 weeks ago #195237

• MFoist
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 4 months, 3 weeks ago
Thank you very much

Re: Boris Graffiti bonuses to outright licences of lwks - is that worthy at all? 4 months, 3 weeks ago #195238

• lghtwrks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months, 3 weeks ago
was an older post, eg. levels/masking:

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

greets
s
Last Edit: 4 months, 3 weeks ago by lghtwrks.

Re: Boris Graffiti bonuses to outright licences of lwks - is that worthy at all? 4 months, 3 weeks ago #195257

• MFoist
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 4 months, 3 weeks ago
Yes, exactly something like that perhaps I need ... my goal is to create for example every year new design and effects set for my videos ... to give my videos some clear or unique style you know ... and litle bit more professional look but don´t want to spend a hours on it ...cause I have 4 kids and 150 km travel to work ... want to dedicate some time to them

Re: Boris Graffiti bonuses to outright licences of lwks - is that worthy at all? 4 months, 3 weeks ago #195258

• MFoist
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 4 months, 3 weeks ago
Looks like finetunning holywood style "overlay" effects ... very nice, just I need to create what I wrote before ... my goal is to create for example every year new design and effects set for my videos ... to give my videos some clear or unique style you know ... and litle bit more professional look but don´t want to spend a hours on it ...cause I have 4 kids and 150 km travel to work ... want to dedicate some time to them as well

Re: Boris Graffiti bonuses to outright licences of lwks - is that worthy at all? 4 months, 3 weeks ago #195262

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months, 3 weeks ago
There are many ways to make video unique, even without VFX.

But, if you like effects, you can make something like this with Boris Graffiti which can't be done with the build in effects of Lightworks.

Re: Boris Graffiti bonuses to outright licences of lwks - is that worthy at all? 4 months, 3 weeks ago #195307

• MFoist
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 4 months, 3 weeks ago
That´s the way I´m thinking yes ...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds
Scroll To Top