Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: PC Crashed. Can I Recover My Project?

PC Crashed. Can I Recover My Project? 2 months, 1 week ago #194607

Hello,

My desktop crashed the other day. The only way to fix it was to wipe it clean and completely reinstall Windows. I know Lightworks saves automatically, but I don't recall there being any local files. Are projects saved in a Cloud somewhere? Is it possible for me to retrieve the project I was working on? I was almost finished with it and had already put in nearly 30 hours in editing.

Re: PC Crashed. Can I Recover My Project? 2 months, 1 week ago #194608

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 1 week ago
Hello,

Lightworks autosaves metadata. It does it locally, in the Lightworks data folder and its subfolders. This is 'C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks' on Windows. Additionally, you have the choice to make backups of projects and export archives from sequences to locations of your choice, with or without including media.

If you didn't save any of those prior to cleaning your hard drive and reinstalling Windows, your work is lost, unfortunately. Usually, re-editing from fresh memory is way faster than creating an edit from scratch which may reduce your pain.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 months, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: PC Crashed. Can I Recover My Project? 2 months, 1 week ago #194616

That's what I figured. It's unfortunate. But like you said, it's already mapped out in my head. Hopefully I can rebuild quickly. Thanks for the info!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds
Scroll To Top