Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Best Practices for Project Workflow using win 7 64 with Pro version Lic.

Best Practices for Project Workflow using win 7 64 with Pro version Lic. 3 months, 3 weeks ago #193399

• a1sprog
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 months, 3 weeks ago
I have been reading various posts on user locations, archiving and recovery.

Is there a document that states in terms of do's / do not in managing projects over time across LW versions, hardware and driver changes.

After a recent driver update for NVIDIA 1060 card when moving the clip Monitor or time line Monitor the monitor frame does not move with the video image which I can place elsewhere in the work space.

Best Regards
_A_

Re: Best Practices for Project Workflow using win 7 64 with Pro version Lic. 3 months, 3 weeks ago #193401

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Beside of the user guide and discussion on the forum, no, unfortunately not. There is no 'document that states in terms of do's / do not in managing projects over time across LW versions', as far as I'm aware of. Hardware and driver changes shouldn't have any impact to managing projects, in terms of locations, archiving and recovery. Recently there have been some new feature related to automatic backups and restoring deleted material, but no major changes to project organisation and material handling, beside of bug fixes.

I don't understand exactly what you mean when saying "when moving the clip Monitor or time line Monitor the monitor frame does not move with the video image which I can place elsewhere in the work space".
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 3 months, 3 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: Best Practices for Project Workflow using win 7 64 with Pro version Lic. 3 months, 3 weeks ago #193412

• a1sprog
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 months, 3 weeks ago
The image(present Video frame)moves but not the monitor window with the various controls for editing. Just the image inside the window.

This seems to be the case with a project file that is corrupted as I have found an other project that works as expected.

Thanx for your response, sorry for the not so clear description.

_A_

Re: Best Practices for Project Workflow using win 7 64 with Pro version Lic. 3 months, 3 weeks ago #193413

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for the explanation.

If you need some information on how to organize media on file system level and projects in Lightworks, I'm sure that people on the forum are willing to share their experience.

Lightworks provides a good set of tools to organize projects, but how to use them depends highly on the structure of your media, your projects and the entire workflow.

There are some basics which apply in general to media management, but beyond that, to give some meaningful advice in detail, more information about your demands are necessary.

Re: Best Practices for Project Workflow using win 7 64 with Pro version Lic. 3 months, 3 weeks ago #193421

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 3 months, 3 weeks ago
This thread lists articles on organising projects. These are general and not just aimed at Lightworks/

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=27&id=136682&Itemid=81#136870

Re: Best Practices for Project Workflow using win 7 64 with Pro version Lic. 3 months, 3 weeks ago #193471

• a1sprog
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for the list, most enlightening.

Re: Best Practices for Project Workflow using win 7 64 with Pro version Lic. 3 months, 3 weeks ago #193557

• a1sprog
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 months, 3 weeks ago
I've come to realize I should reinstall Lightworks.

After transferring my system board to a new case, drive mappings were not transferred exactly as they were before.

My projects are retaining time edits and fx adjustments,but clip videos seem to be lost in the wind. LW struggles with attempts to reintroduce the clips that were previously used and markedly slows down to an unusable pace.

What would the be the course of action I should take keeping in mind that I will reinstall and follow many of the suggestions provided in the for mentioned list.

_A_

Re: Best Practices for Project Workflow using win 7 64 with Pro version Lic. 3 months, 3 weeks ago #193558

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Without knowing the structure of your media management, the fastes and most reliable way is to re-establish drive mappings as they were before.

Re: Best Practices for Project Workflow using win 7 64 with Pro version Lic. 3 months, 3 weeks ago #193561

• a1sprog
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Previously, the os win7 was on a SSD during the transfer the boot drive was cloned to a PCI express card M.2 messing up sata ports/drive maps.

I guess the question now is will I have to use my 2nd lic to reinstall.

Thanx for your attention to this issue hugly.

_A_

Re: Best Practices for Project Workflow using win 7 64 with Pro version Lic. 3 months, 3 weeks ago #193563

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 3 months, 3 weeks ago
a1sprog wrote:

You shouldn't need to reinstall, but you may need to use your second licence. If this causes any problems you should contact Editshare directly.

Either way, reinstalling or not will not cause your media to be magically found by Lightworks. You will have to use Media > Repair.. by right clicking on your bin. Then navigate to where the file now is and select that location. Click OK and all of the media in that bin at that location will link. Repeat for any other clips you need to relink.
Last Edit: 3 months, 3 weeks ago by jwrl.

Re: Best Practices for Project Workflow using win 7 64 with Pro version Lic. 3 months, 3 weeks ago #193564

• a1sprog
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Will do and thank you.

_A_

Re: Best Practices for Project Workflow using win 7 64 with Pro version Lic. 3 months, 3 weeks ago #193565

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 3 weeks ago
a1sprog wrote:

That a different talk now. You can use your spare license, but FAQ says

My system drive failed and has been replaced and reinstalled, but now when I enter my Username and Password to sign in I receive an error, what do I do?
You will lose your license if the hard drive is replaced. First you will need to install Lightworks on the new hard drive and activate the Free version of Lightworks. To help us assist you, please fill in the form provided here: www.lwks.com/reportaproblem telling us the name of the system Lightworks Pro has been applied to, along with any other relevant changes to the system.

That doesn't exactly describe your situation, but contact Editshare, they are very friendly and helpful.

Re: Best Practices for Project Workflow using win 7 64 with Pro version Lic. 3 months, 1 week ago #194142

• a1sprog
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Thank you

Your feedback is most appreciated.

_A_
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds
Scroll To Top