Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Opening Certain Projects Crashes Lightworks

Opening Certain Projects Crashes Lightworks 1 week, 5 days ago #187345

• micvlasak
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 5 days ago
Hi all,

I've been working on a project that has suddenly started to crash whenever I attempt to open it.
I've had a project with nothing in it that has done the same for months, and I can't even delete it, but I've just ignored it.

I've attached my error log as I've seen it been requested on these forums as I've searched for an answer to my issue. Hopefully you all can help. Thanks!

I'll be active on the forums to respond to anything that might help me get back to editing.

Re: Opening Certain Projects Crashes Lightworks 1 week, 5 days ago #187346

• micvlasak
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 5 days ago
I just downloaded 14.5 and it suddenly works. Thanks!

Re: Opening Certain Projects Crashes Lightworks 1 week, 5 days ago #187350

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 5 days ago
Good. Lightworks 14.5 now has code built into it to repair common project faults. Glad it worked for you.

You still can't beat a good backup though.

Re: Opening Certain Projects Crashes Lightworks 1 week, 4 days ago #187361

• micvlasak
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 4 days ago
This may be a bit dense of me to ask, but how do you create a backup? I saw it recommended in other help threads, but I wasn't able to wrap my head around it.

Re: Opening Certain Projects Crashes Lightworks 1 week, 4 days ago #187362

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 4 days ago
Click on the project name at the top left of your screen, select "Details" (it should be the default anyway) and click on "Make backup..". You shouldn't include any media, or your backups will be huge. With no media selected your backup will typically well under a megabyte, with media selected it can blow out to multi gigabytes or even terabytes.

It should also go without saying that it's also a good idea to have media backups too. Just don't do them as part of the Lightworks project - use your O/S copy or backup tools for those.
Last Edit: 1 week, 4 days ago by jwrl.

Re: Opening Certain Projects Crashes Lightworks 1 week, 4 days ago #187363

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 4 days ago
Film insurers insist on there being 3 copies of the camera media on separate drives. Having at least one backup copy of your original media makes sense.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds
Scroll To Top