Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The system must be restarted to complet the installation of Windows Installer

The system must be restarted to complet the installation of Windows Installer 3 months, 2 weeks ago #183664

• wackydavo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 months, 2 weeks ago
I get this error whenever I try and install lightworks v. 14. I downloaded from the download link at www.lwks.com. I am running windows 10 64 bit. I get the same error for the beta (64 bit) and the release 64 bit and 32 bit installers. Any ideas?

The full error is: "The system must be restarted to complete the installation of Windows Installer. Once/nth [that error is there, not mine] system has been restarted, please run the Lightworks installer again."

(I have restarted multiple times).

Re: The system must be restarted to complet the installation of Windows Installer 3 months, 2 weeks ago #183669

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 3 months, 2 weeks ago
Welcome to the forum.

Please could you give the specification of your computer.

Re: The system must be restarted to complet the installation of Windows Installer 3 months, 2 weeks ago #183670

• wackydavo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 months, 2 weeks ago
Intel Core i5-4690K 3.50GHz;
8 GB RAM;
Nvidia GTX970;
Windows 10 64 bit

Re: The system must be restarted to complet the installation of Windows Installer 3 months, 2 weeks ago #183671

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 2 weeks ago
Hello,

Lightworks installer does not need a restart on Windows. I've never encountered or heard abou this issue.

It could be that some kind of third party software blocks the installation to finish correctly. I suspect that some kind of virus scanner, maybe even Windows Defender, is the cause of the trouble.

Please restart your computer, disable all anti virus software (including Defender) temporarily and try again.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds
Scroll To Top