Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lightworks and Centos7?

Re: Lightworks and Centos7? 3 months, 1 week ago #183700

I installed CentOS 7 on my laptop and LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! Lightworks and Resolve both work great!

BUT... I ran into one very important issue that may make me not be able to keep CentOS 7 on there! I can't get it to read the ExFAT file system, which is what my camera formats to! I have tried SOOO many things and can't get it to work! It REALLY REALLY sucks!!!

I might have to go to Ubuntu 18.04. :-/
Live your life one frame at a time

Desktop:
Ubuntu 18.04
i7 6800K
NVIDIA GTX 1060
48GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4
ASUS X99-E Motherboard

Laptop:
Dell Precision M4700
Ubuntu 18.04
Intel i7 3840QM
NVIDIA Quadro K2000m
16gb RAM

Re: Lightworks and Centos7? 3 months, 1 week ago #183705

Hi.

Centos shouldn't have any problems reading different HD structures or format. You just need to unlock it, I believe. Not an expert, but I have some notes saved from earlier.

"Filesystem type ntfs not configured in kernel" (and probably not exFat either)

-Install EPEL repository. It carries ntfs-3g packages for CentOS-7 and CentOS-6. To install, after enabling the EPEL repo per the Repositories page:

yum install ntfs-3g fuse

or if you prefer to leave EPEL disabled by default

yum --enablerepo epel install ntfs-3g fuse

exFAT: Once you have repo installed simply install two packages:

yum install exfat-utils fuse-exfat

I needed ntfs and got it to work, but I havn't testet exFAT just yet.

C.E
HP Workstation Z620, LW 14.5 64-bit, Win 10, CPU: 2 x Xeon (R) E5-2660. 8 Core/HT 2,20 GHz, RAM: 32 GB, Graphic: NVIDIA Quadro K2200 4 GB of GPU memory, Decklink mini monitor 4k, SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 256 GB.

Re: Lightworks and Centos7? 3 months, 1 week ago #183726

See, I've installed all those packages and it still doesn't work!

I know it's not an issue with the card or anything, I used it fine on my desktop running fedora. I also had Fedora on my laptop before I installed CentOS and it worked fine then too.

It just refuses to work. I have no clue why!
Live your life one frame at a time

Desktop:
Ubuntu 18.04
i7 6800K
NVIDIA GTX 1060
48GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4
ASUS X99-E Motherboard

Laptop:
Dell Precision M4700
Ubuntu 18.04
Intel i7 3840QM
NVIDIA Quadro K2000m
16gb RAM

Re: Lightworks and Centos7? 3 months, 1 week ago #183732

Hi.

Same here, for me. I can't read my exFAT SD card in my "internal" SD card reader (in the laptop). Here are some random information I found:

Unfortunately, Red Hat Enterprise Linux does not support exFAT filesystem. Therefore, it won't be able to mount exFAT filesystem in a supported method.

For an unsupported method, you can use the nux repository.
Please research external resources for how to enable this step.
Once that repository is enabled, its possible to install the required packages.

yum install -y exfat-utils fuse fuse-exfat

(access.redhat.com/solutions/70050)

=> I have tried that now, but I don't get it to work. In Gparted I can see the card, but I can't mount it or chose exFAT (but many others).

In my case I came across a couple of errors: "mmc1: card e624 removed" and "mmc1: cannot verify signal voltage switch"

Some comments on that (from ubuntu forum) was "I had this problem too, it actually took trying a few different adapters until I got a working one.

---
Maybe there is a solution on this site (?), but it looks to complicated for me, at the moment anyway.

www.centos.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=56412
"Support for this controller was removed from kernel in Fedora 20 and CentOS"

To summarize it: It sucks... (but try some other card reader?)

C.E
HP Workstation Z620, LW 14.5 64-bit, Win 10, CPU: 2 x Xeon (R) E5-2660. 8 Core/HT 2,20 GHz, RAM: 32 GB, Graphic: NVIDIA Quadro K2200 4 GB of GPU memory, Decklink mini monitor 4k, SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 256 GB.
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds
Scroll To Top