Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Win 7 died now have mostly new system running win 10 64bit

Win 7 died now have mostly new system running win 10 64bit 3 months, 1 week ago #179027

• Ghidrah
  • Senior Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
I think I was running the free version of lightworks 12, along with OBS 0.16. 1st used 12/16, last used 1/18, Win 7 64 PC died 4/18.

New PC in case it matters

Board: Asus z370-e
CPU: i7 8700k
VC: EVGA GTX 1050 ti
DDR: 16gb Corsair Vengeance lpx
Samsung 960 evo m.2 250gb nvme

I read an existing thread here with a link to the recommended specs for L 14. L 14 requires 2 monitors to run? I only have 1 monitor.

If 2 monitors is an absolute for L 14 I'm boned, if so is/was L 12 compatible with win 10 64 and is it still available for free down load?

Please and thank you
Never bite the hand that looks dirty

Re: Win 7 died now have mostly new system running win 10 64bit 3 months, 1 week ago #179031

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Hi,

Hardware looks good. Bear in mind demanding footage stays demanding footage, but if performance problems occur, use internal proxy workflow and 4K isn't a problem anymore.

You don't need two monitors, it's just more convenient for preview or when using Flexible layout.

Next release of Lightworks, Version 14.5, will better support variable frame rate, so converting game captures, mobile phone recordings and such prior to import to bulky intermediate formats will be history in most cases.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 3 months, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: Win 7 died now have mostly new system running win 10 64bit 3 months, 1 week ago #179065

• Ghidrah
  • Senior Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
The win 7 PC had an i5 2550k, asus P8z68-v mb, evga gtx 560 res to 2560x1600, 16 gb DDR3, monitor samgung syncmaster 226BW, 16/10. That PC ran all my steam games and rendered them without a hitch.

If I remember correctly the free L12 version didn’t allow rendering above you tube values. Not sure what flexible layout is, although I do remember an update or something that messed up my L 12 workstation and a couple members help me get the older familiar look back so maybe I did end up with L 14 back in early 2017 and just forgot.

Last question, is one able to install Lightworks on D: drive instead of C:

Re: Win 7 died now have mostly new system running win 10 64bit 3 months, 1 week ago #179067

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
The free version is limited to 720p export now, 1080p Vimeo upload has been dropped with V14.0.

Flexible is the Layout almost identical to the GUI of 12.6 and before. Fixed layout's been invented with V14.0. You can switch between layouts from cogs menu of project browser (the lobby).

It should be possible to install on D: but I never did it and can remember that some users reported about trouble. In other words, I can't recommend it. The application itself doesn't need much drive space, same as project metadata. What you can do is moving default Media location from "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks\Media" to D: .
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 3 months, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: Win 7 died now have mostly new system running win 10 64bit 3 months, 1 week ago #179080

• Ghidrah
  • Senior Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
The I asked about the D: drive install because C: is an internal SSD, where as HDDs don't suffer the issues of constant change that SSDs do

Re: Win 7 died now have mostly new system running win 10 64bit 3 months, 1 week ago #179163

• Thinkalso
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thought of New Era
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
The hardware of your PC is perfect. Please make sure that you're running Pro version of Win 7 64 Bit. If you're running pro version of Win 7 then please update your PC driver.

Re: Win 7 died now have mostly new system running win 10 64bit 3 months, 1 week ago #179175

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
It doesn't matter where you install Lightworks, it will still save its project data to the O/S boot drive unless you specifically tell it not to. Unless you plan on installing and uninstalling Lightworks every time that you use it, your SSD won't be stressed by it being where it belongs - in the programs folder.

While it's possible for Pro users to manage project spaces, I'm uncertain whether free users can. In the lobby, click on the cogs icon, then Project Spaces > Manage.. If that option is greyed or not visible you can't do what I'm going to suggest next, which is to select Private > Location. Click on Places in the window that appears, and navigate to where you would prefer Lightworks to put your data.

If that is possible you've achieved your goal. However there are a three things that you will need to bear in mind. The first is that you will gain absolutely no benefit from your SSD drive at all. The second is that if you put your project data on the same drive as your media you will slow down media access. The third is that you will also need to move your media folder from C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks\Media as well.
Last Edit: 3 months, 1 week ago by jwrl.

Re: Win 7 died now have mostly new system running win 10 64bit 3 months, 1 week ago #179178

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Just checked - ignore what I said above. Free users can't manage project spaces. Sorry. However what I said about it possibly not gaining you much still stands.

In any case, even if you could, there are about ten other Lightworks data folders that would still be on your C: drive.
Last Edit: 3 months, 1 week ago by jwrl.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds
Scroll To Top