Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Unable to start Lightworks 14.0.0.0 in Windows 10

Unable to start Lightworks 14.0.0.0 in Windows 10 2 weeks, 5 days ago #178166

• jemstone
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 5 days ago
Hi, I just successfully installed Lightworks 14.0.0.0 on a Windows 10 machine. On the first launch, it crashes.

I have attached the log folder.

System specifications,
Intel Celeron CPU N3450 1.1GHz
6GB RAM
Windows 10 64-bit
Intel HD Graphics

Please help.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Unable to start Lightworks 14.0.0.0 in Windows 10 2 weeks, 5 days ago #178168

• fishmonger
    Pro User
  • NOW ONLINE
  • 2 weeks, 5 days ago
First could you try the 14.5 RC5 - it's close to release so will be replacing 14.0.0.0
shortly, if that fails we can investigate further.
thanks,
f

Re: Unable to start Lightworks 14.0.0.0 in Windows 10 2 weeks, 5 days ago #178169

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 weeks, 5 days ago
Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, your computer looks underpowered to run Lightworks.

These are the recommended specs:

Intel i7 chipset or faster, fast AMD chipset
3GB RAM or higher
Two high-resolution displays (1920 x1080) or above
PCI Express graphics card (NVIDIA or AMD) with 1GB or higher and support for DirectX 9 (Windows only)
Separate media and system drives (these can be internal or external as long as the the interface is suitably fast
Compatible sound card
200MB Disk space for Lightworks installation

However, users have run Lightworks on a i5 CPU, which is probably the minimum that should be considered.

EDIT You could check out fishmonger's suggestion, although you'll probably need to use proxy editing if Lightworks manages to install.
Last Edit: 2 weeks, 5 days ago by briandrys.

Re: Unable to start Lightworks 14.0.0.0 in Windows 10 2 weeks, 5 days ago #178170

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 5 days ago
Hello and welcome!

Thank you for the information.

From error.logs it appears as if the system is hanging on startup when loading plugins but each time at a different position. I can't say what causes this and hope it is not caused by your (nominally) underpowered CPU.

Some trial and error is needed.

Please download V14.5 beta form Downloads on top of this page, because it provides some important bugfixes. Then, restart your computer, do not start any other application, install Lightworks (watch out for error messages while installing), start V14.5 and see what happens.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Unable to start Lightworks 14.0.0.0 in Windows 10 2 weeks, 5 days ago #178171

• jemstone
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 5 days ago
Aw... I guess I'll have to install it in another computer.

Please proceed to lock the thread.

Thank you.

Re: Unable to start Lightworks 14.0.0.0 in Windows 10 2 weeks, 5 days ago #178172

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 5 days ago
As a matter of interest, before installing on a more powerful machine which is of course a good idea, does installing V14.5 on your current system fix the problem?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds
Scroll To Top