• Page:

TOPIC: NVidia G-Sync Causes Problems

NVidia G-Sync Causes Problems 2 weeks, 4 days ago #176048

• Johnpilot
  • Pro User
  • Junior Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Everyone;

I wanted to pass along something that I discovered today. I was having a lot of issues when playing back clips or editing in the sequence or sometimes just clicking a new "item" inside the program. My video and audio would play, but the mouse cursor would show busy and while I could move the mouse cursor neither the mouse nor keyboard would respond. It sometimes would take 3 or more seconds to give me back control.

After a lot of trial and error I discovered that having G-Sync turned on was causing the problem. I displayed my frame rates at the monitor level and they were going from 60 down to 1 or 2 while the mouse was "hung". I disabled G-Sync and sure enough I have had no more problems. I don't know if this is known or not, but if you are having problems and you have G-Sync on, turn it off. Thanks for reading.

John

Re: NVidia G-Sync Causes Problems 2 weeks, 4 days ago #176049

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Thanks for posting. Unfortunately I have a Quadro card, so I can't test that fix here. Anybody else with a gamer card want to try it and see if they can replicate it? If they can we may have a new hardware-introduced bug, which should be reported ASAP in the hope that we can get something done about it before version 14.5 release.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.56 seconds
Scroll To Top